Talk

Advanced search

Baby bath products ??

(10 Posts)
JoGehani Sat 13-Oct-12 11:21:57

Hi,

My DS is still too young to start using any baby bath products (only 6 days old smile) but I was just wondering which bath products would you recommend for future use ?? Eczema runs in the family and I am hoping he doesn't have any (fingers crossed) but I would still prefer something that is sensitive on the skin...

Thanks !

Cheers,
Jo smile

GoldPlatedNineDoors Sat 13-Oct-12 11:26:58

Dd has mild eczema, and uses Oilatum which we get on script. We use Johnsons no more tears shampoo once a week. Thats it really.

Weezie85 Sat 13-Oct-12 12:01:20

We used Simple all in one, only once a week until recently where she now uses it twice a week, she is 19wo.
Didn't use Johnsons as DH and all his family had reactions to it when they were babies.

Iggly Sat 13-Oct-12 13:18:08

Avoid anything with sodium laureth sulphate or other similar sounding ingredients. In fact mine did best with oatmeal in a muslin run under the tap.

GodisaDJ Sat 13-Oct-12 13:29:07

We use Burtsbees. It is expensive but it doesn't make Dd's skin dry. She has very milk eczma and it doesn't make it worse either. When they are so young, I would stick to just water for now. With Burtsbees there is a bath/hair/wash all in one which is useful.

gingercats Sat 13-Oct-12 13:35:59

My LO had eczema after we used baby bath products. I was advised to try porridge oats wrapped in a muslin in her bath. Works a treat- she has lovely soft skin & eczema is gone. We also massage grapeseed oil into her skin after bathing.

Poppystar1 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:04:06

We use the Waitrose own brand baby bath and shampoo. They don't contain sodium laureth/ lauryl sulphates, parabens, artificial colours or fragrances. DD had eczema and these were the best products we found. I second the Johnsons causing reactions - even the very mild top and tail wash caused dry skin and rashes. The Waitrose baby body cream is also gorgeous after bathtime, really mild and moisturising.

JoGehani Sat 13-Oct-12 19:08:08

Thanks all !! Will definitely stay away from Johnsons products and will try some of your recommendations smile

ATourchOfInsanity Sat 13-Oct-12 19:10:38

I got the new Cussons one recently and DD got v dry skin. Don't use the Johnsons either. We like Sanex Kids smile

nannyl Sat 13-Oct-12 21:22:04

DD is 12months old.

she has only ever been touched by burts bees. Nothing touchers her skin until she was 6 weeks old, and even now she almost always has a water only bath. Her bottle of baby bee shampoo and body wash has gone down less than an inch this year.

She has never been touched by Johnsons (or similar) and has also never enocunted sodiumlarythsulphate (sp)

she was touched by her 1st baby wipes aged 10months (when we were between house moves and on holiday) (still use cloth wipes & water 99.9% of the time)

Now she has teeth she uses halos and horns tooth paste

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now