Talk

Advanced search

moving from cot to cotbed - bedding?

(9 Posts)
Goldrill Thu 11-Oct-12 19:20:25

Hello. This is probably going to be one of the dimmest questions asked on here but I am genuinely bemused!

DD is just coming up to 2 and has been sleeping in a cotbed with the sides on for a bit, in a grobag. We want to take the sides off shortly, and I am assuming therefore that she comes out of the bag around then. But what do we use instead? All the duvets and covers I can find are full single sizes, which would be way too big. I see quilts but they are all very expensive and don't have washable covers.

I am missing something really obvious here, aren't I...??

Thankyou!

ChasingSquirrels Thu 11-Oct-12 19:24:53

full size single - use sideways - tuck around half of it underneath the mattress (ie flat on the bead frame, mattress on top) - other half goes over the mattress and child - duvet doesn't fall off bed.

Alternatively, sew 2 channels down the middle of a single duvet, but between the channels - 2 instant smaller duvets.
Then need to cut a single duvet cover in half, sew up the cut side of the piece with the poppers, hem and put prestuds on the other half to give you two covers.

Putting the full sized duvet under the mattress is obviously far and away the easier alternative.

LilyCocoplatt Sat 13-Oct-12 13:33:30

You get cotbed size duvets and pillows, try dunelm mill or t k maxx.

Nagoo Sat 13-Oct-12 13:38:47

full size single sideways. Looks perfectly tidy if bed is against a wall.

DS used to freeze with a cotbed size duvet.

MsFlippingHeck Sat 13-Oct-12 17:06:02

You can get cotbed duvets and covers (mine are from mother care and next) but in hindsight I'd just get a single as the cotbed duvet is small and fell off all the time.

Handsfulloffun Sat 13-Oct-12 17:11:02

We do the same as Chasing and Nagoo, we would have carried on using gro bags though - but did the big move in the summer so there was no need for anything other than blankets.

NuzzleandScratch Sat 13-Oct-12 19:00:16

Grobag make something called stay on bedding, which I found really good for dd1. It's basically a sheet, with pillow case attached, so the pillow slides in, which means they can't get their head under the pillow. Then you zip the duvet onto the sheet, so they can't fall out, and it can't fall off! I got their duvet too, as it poppers neatly into the corners of the cover, but I think you can use any cot bed duvet.

CatsRule Sun 14-Oct-12 09:10:21

Asda has 4 tog cotbed duvets and duvet covers

Goldrill Mon 15-Oct-12 16:03:58

Thankyou very much for all the recommendations! I shall go and investigate...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now