Talk

Advanced search

11 1/2 month old and bottle feeds.

(5 Posts)
aimzbub22 Thu 04-Oct-12 20:30:25

I have a query, I feed my daughter her bottles but she has started to only drink half of the bottles and then she takes up to an hour to drink the rest. I was wondering wether she is ready to drop a bottle

Her usually food intake for a day is

Weetabix with full fat milk (7oz measured out and what ever I don't put on her cereal she finishes after her cereal) this is usually around seven am

Midday she will have a variety of foods, beans on toast, cheese on toast, fruit salads etc. she eats ninety per cent and usually ends up throwing the rest over the side of her high chair

About two I clock I will offer her a seven ounce bottle and she will only usually have three to four ounces and then it takes her forever to finishes it that it usually ends up getting thrown away

About five o clock she will have dinner, usually whatever we are having that I have made

And then just before bed I will offer her another seven ounces and she usually leaves 1-2 oz that I tend to not worry about.

At first I just thought she was being fussy now I am wondering if she is just ready to maybe drop her lunch feed.

She was 7lb 2oz at birth and has always been petite to the point when she was born she was in preemie baby grows. So she has never been a massive eater due to the fact she is petite

Sorry for the essay but being a first time mum was wondering about it as I don't want her to get upset over having a bottle

Thanks

frazzledbutcalm Thu 04-Oct-12 20:45:26

At this age none of my 4dc had bottles! They had milk in a cup at breakfast and supper.

aimzbub22 Thu 04-Oct-12 23:20:28

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. She doesn't like the sippy cups but I found she loves straw cups so I am slowly working her into using them instead. The last of her breakfast milk always goes in her straw cup. So it's ok to drop the lunch feed and just maybe increase her lunch a little?

ceeveebee Thu 04-Oct-12 23:27:41

I think the afternoon feed could perhaps be replaced by a snack at that age, maybe some milk in a cup as a drink to have with it?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 06-Oct-12 16:18:09

Once she is 12 months then she should be only on 300 ml of full fat cows milk per day and no bottles anyway so I don't think it will do any harm to start replacing some feeds with a snack and a drink smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now