Talk

Advanced search

Well I was just thinking...

(4 Posts)
smellsofsick Tue 02-Oct-12 12:39:26

...about the current stage of toddler development (see my many panicking threads on toddler V food) and wondering what other people found to be the most stressful part of parenting. Sleep hasn't been too much of an issue and TBH the food thing isn't that bad, I just worry. Friends tell me ages 2 - 4 are the hardest, are they right?

Don't want this to worry anyone, perhaps we can offer some encouragement/advice along the way. Or even a large glass of Valpolicella and a shoulder!

DD is 3.9 and right now is the hardest. So for me 3+ (I dont know when it will end) because of the tantrums.

That said, she was an excellent baby. No crying. Slept great. Terrible twos got pushed forward. No eating problems and very little health issues.

On the whole I have been very very lucky.

And I am bound to get a double dose of it all when bump is born!

aimingtobeaperfectionist Tue 02-Oct-12 12:54:57

We've had 4 months of bliss with DD so far. This worries me greatly that either she will turn into a monster or future children will be hell. Others also delight in telling me this which I suspect has caused 'the fear'.

smellsofsick Tue 02-Oct-12 13:02:30

In a way it's sad that the good stuff gets overshadowed by worrying about what's around the corner. I am worrying about the tantrums, but I don't want to turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy and write her future for her, she might sail through <deluded>.

Mind you, we've got another one due soon as well, so who knows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now