Talk

Advanced search

Help! I'm failing!

(5 Posts)
Flosie1989 Mon 01-Oct-12 19:32:10

I'm completely failing as a mother!

5 month old dd cries at everything now although it's more of a scream. She cries when she gets dressed, in the bath, when I put her down, when I leave the room, when I'm holding her etc etc. I've taken her to the doctors on more than one occasion explaining this but they just say she's fine. I must be doing something wrong.....

Plus she barely sleeps anymore in the day or at night....I feel like I'm losing the plot! Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling like this?!

DoIDare Mon 01-Oct-12 19:35:26

No you are not. Some babies are more screamy than others.

If she eats, sleeps, poops and wees you are doing it right.

If she is bf, then magic booby is your friend. If not, try dummy, try swaddling, try a swing, try gin (for you not baby).

Get a babysitter you trust - easier said than done I know- and get yourself some time too.

You are doing ok!

DoIDare Mon 01-Oct-12 19:35:58

I bet she catnaps too!

Flosie1989 Mon 01-Oct-12 20:11:47

Thanks doidare smile

Yes she does cat nap! I just feel like I've done everything wrong as DP just says its my fault because I mother her too much....I thought that was my job!

As for the gin, I have been having more wine recently just to try and relax while I can blush

I just want to see dd happier.

DoIDare Mon 01-Oct-12 21:32:54

You can't mother a 5 month old too much! She does not even realise she is a separate being from you.

She whines because she is confident of a response - that is a well cared for baby IMO.

Keep it up, but take care of yourself. Mine liked all of the above, plus music and singing.

However, my dc are completely horrible ATM, so I feel your pain, just in a different way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now