Talk

Advanced search

3 with a huge age gap!

(13 Posts)
Tiredtrout Mon 01-Oct-12 09:00:34

I'm pg with number 3 which is lovely and I'm enjoying being pg but my youngest is 12 and my oldest 15. Anyone else with such a big gap out there, I think we may have kept putting it off too long

Wilts Mon 01-Oct-12 09:03:12

My DS' are 15,9 and 12 weeks. The older two boys have been really good with ds3. I expected Ds2 to be very jealous as he has very much been our 'baby' but all good so far smile

AtAmber Mon 01-Oct-12 09:10:36

My ds's are 5, 13 and 26. The eldest left home a month before the youngest was born! He's really close to ds2 and only lives round the corner so is available for babysitting. It can be a bit wearing with the toddler tantrums and a teenager though.

DizzyPurple Mon 01-Oct-12 10:23:46

I have 2 DD' s. 21 and nearly 3. Works well for us. They adore each other. The eldest is at Uni away from home so little one misses her loads but has been used to it from the start really and we communicate a lot and she pops home every few weeks. Big adjustment for me but something i'd wanted for very long time. I'm quite different now being older and more experienced in the world but it's all good!

DizzyPurple Mon 01-Oct-12 11:06:36

I have 2 DD' s. 21 and nearly 3. Works well for us. They adore each other. The eldest is at Uni away from home so little one misses her loads but has been used to it from the start really and we ammuni a jot and she pops home every few weeks. Big adjustment for me but something i'd wanted for very long time. I'm quite different now being older and more experienced in the world but really it's all good!

bonzo77 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:17:58

We had the same gap. I'm the oldest, then DB 2 yrs younger and another 15 years younger than me. I left home when DB2 was 2, and really had no relationship with him till he was 15 ish. My brothers were very close but have drifted recently, partly because of personality clashes. DB2 grew up in very different circumstances to the ones I and DB1 did. It was not always easy for any of us. But what about family life is?

LauraShigihara Mon 01-Oct-12 11:27:51

My then youngest was 16 and the oldest was 20, when the next one unexepectedly came along. It was great from a babysitting and general helping out point of view. I could pop to the shops or hand a bottle and a screamer over to one of them and go and have a shower so that rather than bending my life around a small person, actually he fitted in very well.

He had an adoring crowd at all times.

And it was quite refreshing to have a little person in the house, who's needs were so simple, compared to the horror that was our experience of teenagers grin

DizzyPurple Mon 01-Oct-12 11:40:29

Oops dont know why it's done it twice!

Tiredtrout Mon 01-Oct-12 12:19:13

That's all good to hear, the dc's are being quite sweet now so hopefully it will carry on

CharlotteBronteSaurus Mon 01-Oct-12 12:20:46

My sisters are 10 and 13 years older than me. Admittedly, we weren't close when I was small, but with every passing year the gap gets smaller IYSWIM. We're all close now.

Abouttime Mon 01-Oct-12 15:57:38

There is 15 years between my two - it's great as I have a babysitter on tap smile

Fuzzymum1 Mon 01-Oct-12 23:10:46

My older boys were 13 and 9 when DS3 was born and it's been brilliant. DS3 adores his older brothers especially DS1 and they have an amazing relationship now they are 18 and 5.

SparklyGothKat Mon 01-Oct-12 23:16:23

My kids are 14.12,11,4 and 19 weeks. The big ones have been great with the little one. They help out and I can hand over the baby to one of her adoring fans and they keep her happy while I do housework.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now