Talk

Advanced search

What shows are your 5yo DC watching?

(12 Posts)
Noomininoo Sun 30-Sep-12 21:37:39

Just curious really...

My DD1 basically watches anything thats on Cartoonito so 'Fireman Sam', 'Baby Looney Tunes', 'Bananas in Pyjamas', 'Lazy Town' etc... She does sometimes also watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse & some Cbeebies shows (if I put them on for my 2yo DD2) but I was wondering if these shows are typical for her age or whether they're a bit 'babyish' for her?

Don't really know what other kids her age are/should be watching. Does this sound about right or should I be encouraging her to watch more age appropriate shows?

Llareggub Sun 30-Sep-12 21:44:50

My DS likes Deadly 60 at the moment. It is pretty much all he watches although he had a passion for Merlin when it is on. I expect most people wouldn't call that age appropriate however. He also likes things like Planet Live.

coldcupoftea Sun 30-Sep-12 22:44:29

My DD1 is 4.5 and has recently discovered the Tinypop channel- we get it free, I expect you will too if you have Cartoonito? On there she LOVES Milly Molly, a nice enough little cartoon about 2 best friends. She also loves a rather weird cartoon called Madeleine about a girl in a boarding school looked after by nuns with allo allo-type French accents that looks like it was made in the 80s!

Noomininoo Sun 30-Sep-12 22:46:05

Love the name Llareggub. Terry Pratchett fan by any chance...? grin

wigglesrock Sun 30-Sep-12 22:46:35

My dd2 (almost 5) watches Deadly 60, she likes a bit of Scooby Doo, Merlin (sometimes), Bear Behaving Badly, dvds - especially Tangled, Fox and the Hound, Lion King and she watches WolfBlood with me and her sister (7). Although I have another younger daughter and she likes to cuddle up and watch CBeebies as well.

TheDuckSaysMoo Sun 30-Sep-12 22:50:21

Jake and the neverland pirates
Scooby doo
Pokemon
Octonauts

He'll still happily watch younger things like peppa, dora etc too.

Yamyoid Sun 30-Sep-12 22:56:56

My 5 year-old will only watch cbeebies really. He also likes Dora and wonder pets but we haven't got any other kids channels. He did like deadly 60 until there was a scary episode with a giant squid. He worries that citv and cbbc will be too scary, as will Ben 10. Oh well, at least he's watching educational stuff instead of fighting.

Noomininoo Sun 30-Sep-12 22:57:31

Doh! Sorry llareggub - got my Terry Pratchett & Dylan Thomas mixed up blush. Llamedos is Pratchett blush

PiedWagtail Sun 30-Sep-12 22:58:52

Deadly 60
Bear Grylls (older sister)
but also Octonauts, Horrid Henry, Arthur, tree fung whoever.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sun 30-Sep-12 23:01:02

Scooby Doo
Tom and jerry
Ben 10
Takeshis castle!
Wolves witches and giants
Planet earth with David Attenborough!! Ds1 finds it fascinating!!

And if its bedtime he's prepared to watch whatever is on to prevent him going to bed! Emmerdale is a particular favourite apparently wink

Llareggub Sun 30-Sep-12 23:16:32

Yep, Dylan Thomas fan!

A second vote for Tinypop channel, my boys love it. He also likes something on CBBC called Arthur.

I caught him watching Dads Army the other day, and was giggling madly. He can be a bit odd I think.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Sun 30-Sep-12 23:20:21

Llareggub my 5 yr old loves Dads Army too! He calls it Dead Salami though, which caused some confusion for a while hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now