Talk

Advanced search

Powdered milk - flight question

(4 Posts)
hayesgirl Sun 30-Sep-12 20:51:37

I am off on holiday next week and want to know whether it is ok to take a full, unopened tub of baby milk in hand luggage? I know the deal with liquids but it mentions nothing about powdered milk. I'd rather not out it in the main luggage hold because 1) I'm worried it may break or something 2) my DS's luggage is hand luggage and 3) it means I have to kicked something out of my over stuffed bag! Ha!

Rockchick1984 Sun 30-Sep-12 23:02:41

If your airport has a branch of Boots after the security area, just ring them up tomorrow and they will reserve you a tub. That way you can just buy it there, and no problems with what to do with it smile

KLou111 Mon 01-Oct-12 20:15:07

Phone security at the airport!! For some reason they all have different rules!!
When we flew, we had a milk splitter container thing and a flask of hot water. As long as I tasted the water, we were allowed through. I did still have to argue the toss that I'd spoken to security (name of who I spoke to etc)
The flight attendant cooled the bottle down, or buy evian when other side in the airport and do half hot water, add formula, shake, then add half cold. I found that a bit quicker.
Hth smile

KLou111 Mon 01-Oct-12 20:17:08

Sorry, mis read your post, what an idiot! Doh!! Yes, fine to take the powder, it's only liquid they're funny with. I took 2 in luggage and didn't split or burst or anything smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now