Talk

Advanced search

Confused about rolling

(4 Posts)
Weezie85 Sun 30-Sep-12 10:46:05

Ok, so my DD has finally started to roll from her back to her front. Being doing front to back for a while. However she seems to have forgotten that she can flip round from her tummy to her back. She is getting very upset when she rolls onto her tummy, and plain out refuses to turn herself back.
Is this normal? Is she likely to remember anytime soon that she can already roll away from her tummy, anything I can do to help?
Thanks

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 30-Sep-12 10:50:41

It sounds perfectly normal and to quote the old MN saying "this too shall pass". She'll get there soon smile.

lola88 Sun 30-Sep-12 11:03:01

DS is rubbish at rolling he only started going from back to tummy when he wanted to start crawling, he can now crawl pull himself up and sit on from lying on his tummy but gettin from tummy to back is beyond him. He rolls on to his tummy in the night and can't figure how to get back so crys for me to turn him round bloody annoying

HV says some babies just aren't good at rolling. I wouldn't worry Ds is crawling at 7 months so it's obviously not holding him back doing anything else.

Geekster Sun 30-Sep-12 21:35:13

Sounds exactly like my dd she is doing exactly the same! She has learnt to sit up over the last couple of weeks, which she was desperate to do and hated lying down to play, and now she can sit up she wants to lie on her back, then rolls on to her front, gets cross but won't roll back!

I think maybe it's because somehow she knows now that she wants to crawl next and knows she needs to be on her tummy to do it but can't yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now