Talk

Advanced search

Broody!!

(4 Posts)
mojo1981 Thu 27-Sep-12 10:54:05

DD is now 16 months and am getting desperatly broody! My best friend has just had her first child and has made me 10 times worse! lol

We were planning to TTC the next one when DD is 2 but am getting worried about money etc does having a 2nd really change that much to what you already pay out for (obviously child care ).

Obviously two cost more than one, but just like with our first it kinda "works out" surely?

Rushed post and probably not very clear cos i am (coughs descreetly) at work!

kellestar Thu 27-Sep-12 17:05:00

DD is 21 months and I'm 10w with DC2. I too was broody. I've kept hold of tons of DD's baby stuff, so costs on that front are going to be less. If it's a boy I'll pick up stuff second hand, like I did for DD. DD will be 2.4 when DC2 arrives. I was breast feeding DD up to 16 months and wasn't worried if we fell pg then. It took a little longer than I hoped, but we are happy.

Though I'm not working, you'll get some free hours at nursery/play school once DD is 3, which if you are working will possibly be when you return from ML, so some costs will just be shifted about.

MissCalamity Fri 28-Sep-12 21:40:18

Me too!

DS is coming up to 22 months, we had the DC2 chat in March but DP wants to hold off for a while as we moved house last year and are still getting used to the bills / mortgage etc..

I really don't want to hold off for much longer as I don't want a huge age gap and for DS to be really uninterested in a younger sibling.

I said to DP in March, that things could take a bit longer this time (DS happened in the 2nd month of trying) and as we're both older now it could possibly be a while...he's not biting.

We found out the other day his nephew's girlfriend was pregnant and it's made me so much more broodier!!

We've kept quite a few bits and bobs ourselves so wouldn't have to fork out a lot to get "set up" and I did breastfeed DS for 7 months, so hopefully if that works out again then that's less money too.

Sorry, not much help but completely understand!!!

MissCalamity Fri 28-Sep-12 21:41:10

Edited to add, DS is nearly 3 not nearly 2....!! Where does the time go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now