Talk

Advanced search

My little boy gets me every time!

(12 Posts)
MrsNPattz Wed 26-Sep-12 01:19:21

When I am changing his nappy I am always caught out with a shower of wee - you would think I would have learnt by now! Any tips? He is 10 days old.

Wetthemogwai Wed 26-Sep-12 01:25:28

I'd go in with a clean nappy ready, up infront of my face like a riot shield grin

Marmiteisyummy Wed 26-Sep-12 06:42:00

After bitter experience I learned the importance with little boys of releasing the nappy to expose his bits and pieces to room temp for a few seconds, then recovering lightly whilst he had his extra wee!
HTH

YesThisTime Wed 26-Sep-12 06:49:21

I used to balance one of my maternity sanitary towels over his willy as soon as I took the nappy off. They soak up wee like a sponge! blush

Homebird8 Wed 26-Sep-12 06:52:21

Spare flannel to fling over the top of his bits on removal of the nappy. If it gets wet it can go through the wash. Just not letting there be a draught reduces the uncovered fountain effect!

MrsNPattz Wed 26-Sep-12 07:03:21

Fabulous, thank you guys! grin

Wolfiefan Wed 26-Sep-12 07:06:01

I used a pad of kitchen roll to cover. Knew someone who balanced a clean deodorant spray lid on it!

Onetwothreeoops Wed 26-Sep-12 09:44:51

I used terry towel nappies as changing mat covers. If you lay it out diamond shaped then you can use the corner to cover his bits. They soak up the wee and are washable.

newplan Wed 26-Sep-12 09:46:44

muslin square draped over as soon as nappy removed! Got DH in the face once grin

BedHog Wed 26-Sep-12 09:48:06

I put a wipe over it as soon as I took the old nappy off, then slid the new nappy into place, used the wipe to clean him and secured the new nappy in place.

MrsNPattz Wed 26-Sep-12 11:55:15

I used a piece of kitchen towel this morning and managed to catch it without needing to change his clothes - Yey smile thank you for all the tips!

Tigresswoods Wed 26-Sep-12 11:56:01

youneedtobefaster,dontmessabout!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now