Talk

Advanced search

Warning re Centrum Kids Chewable Vitamins

(6 Posts)
alison39 Tue 25-Sep-12 14:17:25

Just wanted to warn anyone thinking of buying these that they are shaped exactly like an adult tablet despite being aimed totally at children. I don't know about anyone else but I have spent the last 4 years telling my daughter about not taking tablets as they can be dangerous and yet good old Pfizer who make centrum vitamins think it is perfectly acceptable. Am I the only one thinking it is just an accident waiting to happen?

OatyBeatie Tue 25-Sep-12 14:22:55

Surely the message children need is not "Don't eat tablets" but rather "Only eat a tablet at the correct time for the correct reason and when mum/dad has said you should"

There's nothing wrong with a tablet looking like a tablet, is there? It sends a message that it shouldn't be eaten like a sweetie.

SheelaNeGoldGig Tue 25-Sep-12 14:24:35

But a vitamin is a medicine. So why not shape them as such?

And why teach your child not to take any tablets? You'll be stuffed when or if she needs to take tabkets for an illness.

Surely you teach a child to not help themselves to tablets or medicines or vitamins but if you are dishing it out its ok?

I actually don't understsnd what your problem is.

DeepPurple Tue 25-Sep-12 14:26:32

But they are tablets confused what shape do you think they should be?

ZuleikaD Tue 25-Sep-12 15:06:16

What shape would you prefer, and what difference would it make?

RaisinDEtre Tue 25-Sep-12 18:38:33

presumably teddy bear type shape like the whatdyacallums, sheesh can't remember the name, orange pack

Haliborange or summat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now