Talk

Advanced search

I think 23m dd1 is picking up on my mood ;-((

(2 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Sun 23-Sep-12 17:52:36

Tensions running high lately. Lots going on( have done for the past year) dp is away and back next week from 10m away.... Such a long story but I'm up and down with my mood and I jut some times don't have the patience.

90% of the time I do it's just when you're having one of THOSE days and you have a short fuse. I hate telling her off an she's usually a golden girl. I just think I'm the flaming problem being snappy. Most days are great but when we have crappy days were both sad ;(

IWillOnlyEatBeans Mon 24-Sep-12 09:58:01

I think most mums experience this! If you are being loving and patient 90% of the time then you are doing really well, especially if you are feeling so stressed. Everyone has days when they are short tempered and snappy, but they sound like (in your case) they are outnumbered by the days when you are not, and that's what's important.

I find on days like these it really helps to get out and about. Even going for a walk in the rain can cheer me (and 2.7 yr old DS) up! If I have been snappy for no real reason then I always apologise, explain that mummy is tired (or whatever) and then concentrate on spending some quality time with him - plaing cars - his fave - or even just cuddled up in front of Youtube watching trains.

Would it help to set up some childcare for a couple of hrs per week, so you get a break? I'm not sure how well I would cope with no DH to take over at 6.30pm... My DS has just started going to a little playgroup for 2 sessions per week. The sessions last just under 2 hrs and cost £4.50 so it's quite affordable and gives me a break to get housework done (and look at MN!)

Please try not to beat yourself up about having bad days. No one can be constantly, unremittingly cheerful/patient/fun. As long as your DD knows that you love her then the bad days wont matter in the long run.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now