Talk

Advanced search

When will I stop worrying so much

(11 Posts)
SquidgersMummy Sat 22-Sep-12 23:49:24

My Squidger is 7 weeks old - she is thriving - ebf - putting weight on - colic/wind some days but it's getting easier to cope with: the problem is me - I spend so much time really fretting: she's been asleep too little/much, she hadn't had enough feeds today, is that a rash, is she less alert, is she too hot, is it too cold.........I think I might be just tired but it all seems so overwhelming at times. I think the first time she is ill I will just have a meltdown. It's seems so silly. It's actually easier during the week when it's just me and her on our own in the day and I can really just enjoy her - anything extra going on is just too hard. It's silly - I know logically we are doing really well - I just can't believe it and am waiting for terrible things, that are bound to happen, to turn up. I did have a miscarriage before having Squidger. And Squidger is an ivf baby...maybe it's just too good to be true?

SharpObject Sat 22-Sep-12 23:55:16

Have you had your 6week check and were you honest?

I think you haven few anxiety issues that you need to chat to midwife or GP about.

Life is hard, I slept on DD3s floor for weeks just incase.

Not healthy or happy. Speak twosome one.

Spelling mistakes are due to now having5 under 10 and can't go to. Bed until they are snoring...

Almandine Sat 22-Sep-12 23:56:00

Welcome to motherhood. smile

I panic if my 13yo is slightly late in from school and doesn't answer his phone. So, I guess in answer to your question, you never stop worrying, you just worry about different things.

I am more relaxed with my younger DC, though.

SquidgersMummy Sun 23-Sep-12 00:15:10

Actually I did mention it to my GP at the 6 wk check and she said she had an 11 and a 9 year old and she worried all the time too....maybe worrying is fine...maybe worrying about worrying, or expecting myself not to worry is the daft bit.....X

Lawabidingmama Sun 23-Sep-12 00:30:32

I hope this is normal having spent the last 2.5 years worrying myself sick! I now have 2 DD's and the worrying has doubled. I also worry about worrying hmm

IWillOnlyEatBeans Sun 23-Sep-12 09:10:31

I am the same - DS is now 2.5 and I have moved on to worrying about whether or not he has any friends at the little playschool he goes to and how on earth he is going to cope with school dinners when he starts in 2014... hmm

I think worrying is part and parcel of being a parent. People did warn me about it, but until you are actually living in the middle of it, it's hard to comprehend.

Unless the worrying is delibitating (i.e. you are reluctant to leave the house for fear of something happening, you wake up 6 times a night to check your child is still breathing etc) then it's just normal parent-anxiety.

hayesgirl Sun 23-Sep-12 09:46:58

I was and still am the same! DS is 13 months and there's new things for me to worry about everyday! Welcome to motherhood! Ha!

SarahLou78 Sun 23-Sep-12 17:45:55

I thought it was just me! DS is 2 and a half weeks old and I haven't stopped worrying the whole time. Glad to know I'm not alone.

rubyrubyruby Sun 23-Sep-12 17:49:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wfhmumoftwo Mon 24-Sep-12 09:38:04

i think worrying is normal. I was very worried with my first, a little less anxious with my second. I dont think you ever stop worrying, its just the things you worry about change as they get older. I'm nearly 40 and my parents still worry about me!
Worrying on its own is not a sign of any kind of problem unless it gets out of hand. i.e. its normal to worry about car accidents unless you get to the point where you point blank refuse to go out of your house in case you have one, its normal to worry that your child will fall and hurt themselves, until you never let them play in the garden just in case. I think worrying is par for the course, how you deal with that worry is what is important.
If you get to the point that you are scared and anxious and have panic attacks and you dont enjoy life then seek help. Otherwise, its easier said than done but try not to worry so much!

SecretSquirrels Mon 24-Sep-12 17:36:04

DSs 16 and 14 and I worry about what if......
I believe my mother still worries about me.
I know with a baby it is not just worry but absolute terror that something will go wrong. I think you kind of get used to it though it drifts back regularly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now