Talk

Advanced search

Does genital thrush cause bleeding?

(8 Posts)
furryfriends57 Sat 22-Sep-12 15:17:08

Hope you can help me. DD is 11 months old and on thursday night when I brought her home from minder I was changing her nappy and noticed the she was bleeding in her genital area (looked like it was coming from her vagina and she cried when I tried to wipe her). Minder hadn't said anything was wrong. I got such a fright, my first thought was that someone had 'interefered' with her, I called my GP who very kindly fitted me in yesterday morning. There hadn't been any more bleeding overnight. GP said DD hadn't been interefered with and looked like she had thrush and prescribed canesten cream. My mind is still working overtime and nothing on dr google lists vaginal bleeding as a symptom of thrush. There hasn't been any more bleeding since and she isn't sore when peeing. I since spoke to minder and she said she hadn't seeny anything wrong with her.
Has anyone elses little one had genital thrush and was bleeding a symptom. I just can't get it out of my mind that shes been hurt, feel so guilty and don't know what to do.
Thanks so much.

furryfriends57 Sat 22-Sep-12 17:16:03

Anyone thanks

Jalopeno Sat 22-Sep-12 17:29:25

Yes it can in babies if the skin is broken or raw. I would make sure that your minder is changing her often and uses sudocream when it clears up.

griphook Sat 22-Sep-12 17:36:59

Oh gosh, that's horrible for you both.

Only have boys so wouldn't know but I've had thush, is there anyway she could have itched it at all? Because I know I've bledbecause of the itcho Also was there a lot of blood

furryfriends57 Sat 22-Sep-12 19:56:07

Thanks Jalopena and Griphook for your replies.
Where she was bleeding the skin was red but it wasn't broken, thats why I'm worried what caused the bleeding especially as she hasn't bled before or since. I don't want to suspect minder of doing anything but at 11 months dd is so so vulnerable. I must try and find alternative minder for her but struggle with the idea that I'll always have this mistrust of people with her.

griphook Sat 22-Sep-12 21:03:47

I think that the mistrust if the minder and the bleeding are two separate issues.

Where you mistrustful of the minder before or is it just this incident that has put you off.

Maybe pop back to your doctors on Monday.

Really silly question but are you sure it was blood?

griphook Sat 22-Sep-12 21:04:24

Of the minder. Sorry fat fingers at work again

furryfriends57 Mon 24-Sep-12 21:42:48

Hi Griphook, thanks for your reply. I haven't been completely happy with minder as the tv seems to always be on and she uses gates to section off a small part of the living room so very little space to move around in. Also she mustn't be paying much attention when changing nappies as she should have seen the bleeding but didn't. As minder sees more of dd than me I think I need one that has an interest in the child as well as the money. Spent all day today lookking for a new one but nothing definite yet, never thought getting a minder would be the problea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now