Talk

Advanced search

I feel DH should be doing more

(6 Posts)
boredbuthappy Sat 22-Sep-12 13:30:30

Our DS is 18 months old and I can count on one hand the number of times he's taken our son out of the house to do anything. This has consisted to a couple trips to the park and a shopping trip to the supermarket. At home he's lively with him, but so far any experiences DS has had outside of the house have been through me. Ivtake him with me if I have errands to run, plan actuvities for him, take him to relatives regularly, the library, the park, swimming,anywhere I can find that would be interesting for him. I never get an oppurtunity for some time to myself at home because DH never takes him anywhere! This is really getting my nerves lately as 18 months in, aside from everything I have to do to keep our lives in some order, all the entertainment seems to be my job too. I'm starting to dread all the time I spend with DS instead of enjoy it. I have talked to DH about this and he just shrugs it off and says he 'will'. What should I do to force this issue a bit?

HotheadPaisan Sat 22-Sep-12 13:34:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DoingItForMyself Sat 22-Sep-12 13:36:39

I found that divorcing the bastard focused his efforts on the DCs, he now spends 2 days a week looking after them instead of absolutely no time at all!

Sorry its a bit drastic, but my stbxh was warned endlessly that if he didn't shape up this would be the end result, he didn't listen.

Hope you can get through to him.

xxx

katykuns Sat 22-Sep-12 14:41:53

I am in the same boat OP. My DP is really good with her in the sense of paying her attention, doing what is needed, and I feel safe leaving her with him... but he never seems to want to take her out and do things.
I am not sure what to suggest, I am hoping that it may be a confidence issue he will slowly get over by us all going out and doing things together. He has to do it eventually as he is the stay at home parent and I work. I suspect when she gets older and trashes the house and drives him crazy he will have no other choice than to take her out! lol

HotheadPaisan Sat 22-Sep-12 15:39:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Goldenjubilee10 Sat 22-Sep-12 17:42:41

Work out how much "me time" he gets and book a nursery or childminder for the same amount of time. Add it to the housekeeping. It may not get him to give up his time but you will get time to yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now