Talk

Advanced search

Crackers

(9 Posts)
MoRaw Thu 20-Sep-12 22:00:38

Is it ok to give a 9.5 month old ordinary crackers such as Jacobs crakers (crushed into tiny bits).

stottiecake Thu 20-Sep-12 22:21:44

Personally I would just give them the cracker whole to nibble on.

LadyWidmerpool Thu 20-Sep-12 22:37:48

I would just watch the salt content.

MoelFammau Fri 21-Sep-12 01:53:18

Don't know why you'd want to crush it into tiny bits, but crackers I'd say are okay as long as you think about the salt. My DD LOVES cheesy oatcakes, by the way. Bit more going on than a cracker so maybe worth a try as well?

ZuleikaD Sun 23-Sep-12 08:23:37

Don't know why you'd want to crush it in bits. Developmentally they're supposed to be able to eat a cracker whole by 7m and tbh both of mine have had whole crackers since day one of weaning.

MoRaw Sun 23-Sep-12 21:34:36

I crush it into bits to help him with his pincer grip. Also, he tends to bite off big chunks and I worry he might choke.

MoelFammau Sun 23-Sep-12 21:41:33

Aha. I suppose I use raisins, sweetcorn etc for pincer grip but guess I'd never thought of doing it 'formally'. Maybe I'll do it a bit more now!

I doubt he'd choke though. DD tears chunks off things and has only ever choked once in 16 months... and that was on water, daft child. I think if she can feel it in her mouth and it's big enough to push around with her tongue, she's fine. It's the tiny smooth stuff I get more worried about, the stuff that slips down accidently.

MoRaw Tue 25-Sep-12 21:41:15

Hmmm sweetcorn. Never thought of that.

MoelFammau Tue 25-Sep-12 23:53:17

Tinned sweetcorn is a Big Thing here! She likes the on-the-cob stuff too, by the way. Keeps her quiet for at least 20 mins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now