Advanced search

Broken hearted over my DS

(939 Posts)
DistressedMumHELP Wed 29-Aug-12 22:09:20

Okay, i want help and reassurance really. I have name changed for this in case anyone recognises me. I was stopped and asked for an account of events yesterday after witnessing an altercation and the police officer noticed the bruise on my little boys cheek. Which i explained was where he had fallen in between the step and bench in my garden, they then noticed he has bruises on his legs around his knees, so eventually they arrested me on suspicion of ABH. I was of course a mess, but i was told at the time that it was procedure etc, so i was compliant with them, Last night i got released on police bail and was of course expecting my little boy back, but today after seeing social services they have said i cant have him returned to me. I am heart broken, i have never hurt my child on purpose, and i look after him as best as possible. Originally they were saying he didnt talk, but today in front of the social worker he was talking, and i am trying to explain that he gets shy about talking, when they say he is friendly etc. They went through all my history and i have been as open as possible with them, and i dont know what to do. They want to keep him in care and are applying for a court order on friday to do so. I plan on seeing a solicitor tomorrow, the only reason i didnt today was because i didnt leave the social services until half 5 so no where was open.


I want him home. Does anyone have any experiences? How long will it take? They said they couldnt say,

BellaVita Wed 29-Aug-12 22:48:20

grin Frank, you naughty girl!

TheEnthusiasticTroll Wed 29-Aug-12 22:48:36

Im sorry but that last post does not add up, social services must have concerns or they would not be agreeing to find a foster or care place for your dc.

NarkedRaspberry Wed 29-Aug-12 22:49:58

Professional legal help. Not posting on a public forum.

FrankWippery Wed 29-Aug-12 22:50:08

My fingers slipped, but I did report it.

DistressedMumHELP Wed 29-Aug-12 22:50:18

Erm, not quite, someone was racist towards the person i was with, I tried to walk away and the perpertrator followed me saying that he would kill me, i tried to get on a bus but police asked me for an account of the events. Not my fault. I didnt lose it with the police at all, i was calm and collected, til i got into the cells where i cried myself to sleep.

My boy is Turned two now, apparently he isnt as tall as most children of his age or as heavy, but thats averages they are talking.

Margerykemp Wed 29-Aug-12 22:50:40

Op I believe you.

I've seen cases like this happen before. You need a good lawyer and to play nice with the social worker.

How is your relationship with your hv? It will help if they are on your side. Ditto your GP.

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Wed 29-Aug-12 22:50:46

Think about why they may have concerns then op.. Then see what you can do to sort them out with professional help.

There must be real concern on their part to keep him in care.

Tiredmumno1 Wed 29-Aug-12 22:51:45

Well said Rowan

gordyslovesheep Wed 29-Aug-12 22:52:01

please OP get some decent legal advice - posting on the internet isn't the answer

I hope this gets sorted soon I really do

greenplastictrees Wed 29-Aug-12 22:52:18

Yes, I agree. Thanks Rowan.

TheEnthusiasticTroll Wed 29-Aug-12 22:52:34

who where you arrested for abh towards, your ds or the person you where fighting with?

JollyHockeyStick Wed 29-Aug-12 22:52:35

Are you in the UK, op?

Devora Wed 29-Aug-12 22:52:41

OP, you say you have talked to your social worker? What was their advice?

Purple2012 Wed 29-Aug-12 22:53:15

Ive asked a couple of times when you have to go back. The length of time you have to wait to find out what's happening will determine what you are able to sort out in the meantime. Can you ask for supervised access if it's short term?

LadySybildeChocolate Wed 29-Aug-12 22:53:57

You need to seek legal advice. They've found bruises on him, they think he's developmentally and physically behind where he should be as well? They do usually assess a child who is developmentally and physically behind over the space of months whilst the child is still in the care of the parents. He wouldn't have been removed unless they believed that he's in immediate risk of harm.

DistressedMumHELP Wed 29-Aug-12 22:54:19

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

lisad123 Wed 29-Aug-12 22:54:22

Sorry your message wasn't clear about when you lost it.
Write everything down, seek legal advice and get some rl support.

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Wed 29-Aug-12 22:54:58

It was abh on the ds troll.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 29-Aug-12 22:55:48

You need to seek legal adadvice.

Bruising to bony bits (knees, elbows, shins) is not normally a red flag.

FizzyLaces Wed 29-Aug-12 22:57:08

How awful for you, OP. Please seek help with this situation but not on the internet. Good luck with everything and try to get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow is another day.

LadySybildeChocolate Wed 29-Aug-12 22:57:19

It was bruises on his cheek, and bruises on his back going from other posts, ItsAllGoingToBeFine.

DistressedMumHELP Wed 29-Aug-12 22:57:56

I will hear from my social worker tomorrow. They go to court on friday in regards to getting a care order, currently its only 72hour child protection, which is although major in my opinion, but i am hoping the judge can see that i would never hurt him and return him to me. The paediatrician thought he was behind with speech cos he wouldnt talk....YET TODAY HE WAS TALKING IN FRONT OF THE SOCIAL WORKER WHICH SORT OF SAYS HE CAN TALK but was choosing not to. I am seeking legal advice at 9AM tomorrow and i will phone everyone and anyone. I am police bailed til mid september. I dont know when i have more assessments, my social worker said she would phone me tomorrow. She did say i would see him at least twice a week.

saintlyjimjams Wed 29-Aug-12 22:58:02

Op I believe you. I can think of two cases where SS were involved for injuries (eventually agreed to be accidental - one was bruising). Your history of a relationship with an abusive man is not going to help. I agree with those saying you need good legal representation.

Tiredmumno1 Wed 29-Aug-12 22:58:23

OP I also think you should complain to the IPCC ( independent complaints commissioner) about the actions of the police and how you have been treated.

Get yourself some legal advice first thing, I really hope you manage to get your little boy back with you ASAP

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Wed 29-Aug-12 22:59:46

Glad your getting legal help.

It will probably be easier to talk in person to someone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now