Talk

Advanced search

Leaking toddler nappies at night

(10 Posts)
TickledOnion Mon 24-Oct-11 13:55:53

You would think I'd have nappies all sorted given that my DD is 2YO, but I'm in need of advice.
She's started to leak up the front of her nappy, vest, PJs and sleeping bag at night. I've gone up a size but that doesn't seem to have made any difference. The nappies are dry at the back but soaking wet at the front and obviously not managing to hold all the wee. She's only little and wears size 4+ active fit pampers in the day and size 5 baby dry at night.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or if a different brand would help?
Thanks.

RachelHRD Mon 24-Oct-11 14:32:57

Does she sleep in a kneeling position with her bum in the air? That might explain why they are leaking at the front! My DD does this and I use Sainsburys own brand which have never leaked and are cheaper than Pampers - might be worth a try.

TickledOnion Mon 24-Oct-11 15:51:40

Yes, that's exactly how she sleeps. It's very cute but would explain a lot. I will try sainsbo's. Thanks for the tip.

lurkingmurking Mon 24-Oct-11 16:31:43

Try the Asda Little Angels comfort dry - they're the only ones which don't leak IME

jjazz Mon 24-Oct-11 22:33:25

a really simple solution suggested by my mum... put 2 on!!! It really works- you are going to use 2 anyway of you have to change her at night and you will avoid all that washing. x

iwanttomarryjimsturgess Mon 24-Oct-11 22:35:04

I have tried a size 4+ with a size 5 over the top which helps a bit. also if DD wakes at all overnight I change her nappy which helps. mate changes her DS at 11pm in his sleep (no chance of that for us as madam wakes as soon as you open the door)

Atomant Mon 24-Oct-11 22:54:40

Ditch the pampers. Same thing happened to DD when she hit 18mo, we switched from Pampers to tescos own. saved a fortune & she's dry in the morning.

FrightNight Mon 24-Oct-11 22:57:42

Ditch pampers they are rubbish at night. Try Sainbury ultra dry.

AnxiousElephant Mon 24-Oct-11 23:08:45

I used huggies with mine and they were fine. How much does she drink an hour before bed? Do you ask her to go before bed on a potty - that might help. Sorry I realise she is only 2 but mine were dry in the day really early. Obviously if your dd isn't then the potty isn't an option.

TickledOnion Tue 25-Oct-11 13:51:15

Thanks for all the advice. I'll definitely try some different brands.

AnxiousElephant - She won't go on the potty at all yet, so that's not an option. She knows what it's for and she will sit on it for fun and make a pretend weeing noise but that's about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now