Talk

Advanced search

Good places to eat in London with kids in tow?

(9 Posts)
2kidsintow Sat 22-Oct-11 13:13:15

I'm off there on Mon, leaving DH behind (I'm a teacher so have a lot more hols than he does) and staying for a few nights. DD1 has requested the Dr Who experience, DD2 has requested the Tower of London to see the Crown Jewels. Another day to be spent at the different museums as that is one of the things I want to do that they are also interested in. They are 10 and 7 and are sensible, well behaved girls. I am still a bit nervous about taking them away on my own though!

We will be looking for places to eat in the day or in the evening before heading back to the hotel. Does anyone have any recommendations for anywhere to eat in the areas I've mentioned (particularly around the tower as I think we will be stopping to eat and wait out the rush hour on the tube!)

Thanks

PoptartPoptart Sat 22-Oct-11 14:58:14

In Holborn (not far from Covent Garden) there is a great restaurant called My Old Dutch. It serves pancakes! Savoury pancakes, sweet pancakes, you name it. Kids love it and think it's a huge novelty. They have a website with the menu if you wanted to check it out.
Alternatively, the Rainforest Cafe (Piccadilly Circus) is fun but quite pricey.

birdsofshoreandsea Sat 22-Oct-11 15:02:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sleepwhenidie Sat 22-Oct-11 15:16:03

Wagamamas is fantastic for kids and adults and food not quite as adventurous as Yo (but would also definitely give that a go if your DC's like trying lots of different stuff), Strada also great value and quality kids menu. My old Dutch would be fun too. The new cafe in the Natural History Museum is excellent if you end up there one day.

Rainforest Cafe is very (over)pricey!

LynetteScavo Sat 22-Oct-11 15:21:29

Wagamama is next to the tower, and keeps me and my DC happy.

Hopefully Sat 22-Oct-11 15:24:29

Definitely not the pizza express in Knightsbridge I'm sitting in right now! Parents with PFB currently terrorising the place. The dad is actually noisier than the PFB. The mother is gazing adoringly and generally being high pitched.

<not helpful> grin

Yo sushi always good for kids.

oenophilia Sat 22-Oct-11 15:36:01

Lots of places round the South Bank/Royal Festival Hall. Ground floor restaurant at Tate Modern further down towards Tower Bridge has the best children's fish & chips

JWIM Sat 22-Oct-11 16:31:53

I would second Wagamamas and the ground floor Tate Modern resturant.

If you want somewhere a bit different have a look at Inamo - one in Soho and one at the bottom of Regent Street - where you order your food etc by clicking on the interactive table. They have a web site.

My children also like Joe Allen near Covernt Garden - menu changes every day but they always have a really good hamburger (not on any menu you just ask for it).

toughdecisions Sat 22-Oct-11 16:38:06

The larger diner in the Natural History museum does very reasonably priced pasta, burgers etc but they are pretty good quality/quantity & brought to your table.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now