Talk

Advanced search

Reflux and when do they grow out of it

(6 Posts)
TruffleTasha Fri 21-Oct-11 18:07:30

Hi, our 3 month as reflux, and is on infancy gaviscon but is still being sick on a daily basis. When do babies grow out of it? As I'm hoping it isn't long sad

MayDayChild Fri 21-Oct-11 19:13:51

Sorry, DD did not reliably stop being sick till she walked at 14 months.
It did improve at weaning but not vastly. Orange or green sick mainly!

camdancer Fri 21-Oct-11 20:07:43

DS and DD1 grew out of it by about 10 -12 months. It was gradual though so one day I just realised I hadn't had to put a bib on them for a while.

If the gaviscon isn't working, go back to your doctor and ask for something else. DD1 and DD2 were/are on ranitidine. It doesn't stop the sicking up, but does stop the pain. Of course if your lo isn't in pain, then don't bother - just make sure your washing machine is working!

PaulaMummyKnowsBest Mon 24-Oct-11 20:34:38

my youngest outgrew the worst of it by 12 months. However, even now (aged 7) if he drinks too much fluid, he is sick. Poor chap

diyqueen Tue 25-Oct-11 11:52:53

My dd was prescribed gaviscon at about 3 months as she was suffering with reflux - lots of sick and screaming. It got better earlier than the other posters here though, to give you hope - gradually improved from 5 months and now at 7 months she hardly ever brings anything up.

sheeplikessleep Tue 25-Oct-11 11:54:31

9 months for our DS1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now