Talk

Advanced search

Not well and need ideas for what to do with 13 month DD

(6 Posts)
pleasethanks Fri 21-Oct-11 11:30:42

I am full of the cold and have a chest infection and am home alone with my 13 month DD. We have done books and lego to the point of exhaustion this morning. But I need some ideas for how to entertain her this afternoon, given all I want to do is curl into a ball and sleep for a week.

Albrecht Fri 21-Oct-11 11:39:33

Have you got a treasure basket? Go round every room in your place and collect everything remotely safe to chew in a basket/ bag - bangle, plastic sieve, facecloth, coaster, random container, picnic plate, few small toys, small notebook, egg box etc etc.

Ds loves to pull his all out on the floor and try and put things together. You will have to watch as some things you thought looked safe will get chewed up, poked in eye. And does involve clearing it all up obviously.

Rogers1 Fri 21-Oct-11 11:40:22

Poor you..nothing worse than being poorly with a LO. Have you tried arts & crafts? I put my DS in his highchair...or booster seat at the table & he really enjoys painting etc while I sit there with a cup of tea!
Puzzles are another good activity that your LO can do.
Hope you get better soon.

bail Fri 21-Oct-11 14:20:10

Depending on how ill you feel, but my suggesiton is set up a really comfy cushion area in the lounge and turn on cbeebies.

An afternoon of cartoons and watching the silly presenters isn't going to do your DD any harm whatsoever. Certianly better than you forcing yourself to entertain her.

Meanwhile, you settle down on the sofa with tea and a mag

wonkylegs Fri 21-Oct-11 14:28:33

My DS is 3 and I have a chronic disease which along with the meds for it can make me quite poorly coupled with a DH married to his career we have had more than a few days like this. Blankets & cushions on the floor & play dens for a bit especially if you can encourage them to have tea parties with teddies, (our coffee table is a house on a regular basis), a good pixar film and a snuggly cuddle on the sofa can also be good.

bobblyboris Fri 21-Oct-11 14:42:02

Blowing bubbles while sat down with your feet up?..put her in the bath (she'll be contained and may play for a while with you just sat at the side?)...., my 13 month old DS loves just taking washing in and out of basket and watching washing machine - can keep him static and occupied for quite a while!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now