Talk

Advanced search

Half term fun?

(4 Posts)
Klinda Thu 20-Oct-11 15:54:30

Hello,

My 3 year old has been at pre school since september and suddenly I am faced with a whole week of full time parenting him and my 18 month old and I am six months preggars so fairly low on energy.

I am looking for ideas/stuff to do in Cambridge area.

Have already fixed up trip to Wimpole Home Farm on wed 26th as Shaun the Sheep is going to be there so I know that will be a winner!!!! (if anyone else interested details here: http://www.my-farm.org.uk/news-and-blog/shaun-the-sheep-day-at-myfarm) but anyone know of anything else fun going on as all our usual clubs are closed for holidays.

Thanks!

BlueChampagne Fri 21-Oct-11 16:17:02

Botanic Gardens - go to Matthew's Library in the cafe for a story and reviving coffee/hot choc and snack, and collect autumn colour leaves/photos. Or run round and round the fountain while you sit on a bench! Take some bread to feed the ducks too.

If you're an NT member, Anglesey Abbey has lots of room to run around too.

Whale of a Time soft play at Bar Hill (probably better if you go with some pals so your DC has someone to play with).

Took DS1 to Fitz museum at that age but can be a bit fraught (good cafe tho).

Try some different parks? Swimming?

BerylOfLaughs Fri 21-Oct-11 16:44:44

I'm planning on baking a cake with DD, getting her to make some Christmas cards and having a toy clearout in preparation for Christmas.

BlueChampagne Fri 21-Oct-11 16:49:41

Klinda - you might want to post on the Mumsnet Local Cambridge page too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now