Talk

Advanced search

What to put on baby's feet

(7 Posts)
DuelingFanjo Thu 20-Oct-11 13:47:40

DS is 10 months old. He's in Nursery 4 days a week and his socks come off all the time. I know I can get those sock-on things but what else should I be putting on his feet? He's cruising but not walking. Do I get booties, shoes, little fluffy fur boots?

I want something practical, inexpensive and warm.

Any ideas?

Beamur Thu 20-Oct-11 13:50:15

The first thing my DD did when she arrived at nursery was to take off her socks - every single time.
If he's cruising I'd get his feet measured and get some soft cruising shoes - they will support his feet nicely and keep them warm. Indoors though, I can't see any problem with bare feet if your house is warm enough.

mejon Thu 20-Oct-11 22:12:49

Like her sister nearly 9 month old DD2 won't keep her socks on so I've just bought her some of those soft leather shoes and they work a treat. DD1 had Robeez ones but I've since discovered Snugglefeet which are half the price. Delivery was quick too. I didn't bother with proper cruisers for no1 so doubt if I'll get any this time either and DD1 quite happily wore her soft shoes until she got her first proper walking shoes at 16 months or so then wore them as slippers.

DuelingFanjo Thu 20-Oct-11 22:15:21

ooh they are lovely and not a bad price. thank you.

Janoschi Fri 21-Oct-11 00:14:32

Woolly tights. My DD pulls her socks off all the effing time and our house is a draughty, cold 500 year old wreck. So it's tights and then bootees on top. The friction of the tights seems to hold them on really well.

Hersetta Fri 21-Oct-11 17:36:02

Go onto ebay - type in mini feet. They do the childrens leather shoes at half the price. I have some for DS and they are lovely.

sunnyday123 Sun 23-Oct-11 23:02:52

i would stick to socks of some sort - slipper socks maybe? i think the guidelines are no shoes til walking as feet are delicate and shoes (even pram/cruisers) can damage - Both my dds wore tights and socks til 13 months - their first shoes were proper walking shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now