Talk

Advanced search

Will drastically changing my hair colour confuse my toddler?

(11 Posts)
husbandisagoat Thu 20-Oct-11 10:06:18

I'm a natural blonde and have bought a box of reddy-brown colour... do you think my 21 month DD will be confused though when she wakes up on Saturday morning to a mommy with a drastically new hair colour???

Or am I being a bit silly... ? hmm

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Thu 20-Oct-11 10:12:31

She will still know you! Might be surprised but that's all.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 20-Oct-11 10:12:49

You're being a bit silly. Children are small... not thick.

husbandisagoat Thu 20-Oct-11 10:21:05

Fair enough Cogito... mummy might be though grin

matana Thu 20-Oct-11 19:32:19

Babies know their mother's features within a few weeks of being born. That's why they don't get confused if you wear your hair up and they're used to seeing it down. Not a problem with toddlers at all!

CatL Thu 20-Oct-11 22:09:44

At about 20 months by DD wouldn;t come near me for about an hour when I cut my hair to a bob from just beyond shoulder length! I was amazed she noticed but she seemed realyl wary of me and clung to DH. Having said that, it did only last an hour or less, and I had had it done whilst she slept over at my parents, so she hadn't seen me for 18 hours or so. I think your DD may be a bit confused, but it won;t really matter in the long run!

Janoschi Fri 21-Oct-11 00:19:30

My poor dad shaved his beard off when me and my twin sister were 18 months. Apparently we didn't recognise him and screamed at our mum to get the horrible man away. It really really upset him to the point that he's never shaved since!

puffling Fri 21-Oct-11 00:20:28

DD used to cry if I put my hair in a ponytail!

chrispackhamslovebunny Fri 21-Oct-11 00:26:55

well mine is a bit different as he has aspergers, but he cried when i changed my hair colour and wouldnt come near me when i got my nose pierced! i learned not to change things too drastically as it scared him, but he is a one off!

dd never bothered when i changed things. i change hair colour alot these days, DS is older so it doesnt bother him as much!

when DH got his hair cut once my DS wouldnt leave the school with him....he told the teachers that it wasnt his dad....but he had problems with facial recognition in a big way due to his condition!

FutureNannyOgg Fri 21-Oct-11 19:23:56

Since my son wad born my hair has been black, blue, pink, blonde and red. He has never batted an eyelid.

ScaredBear Fri 21-Oct-11 19:45:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now