Talk

Advanced search

Those with babies/ young children with Eczema, have you put your heating on?

(3 Posts)
cockle84 Wed 19-Oct-11 14:18:27

I have had eczema since birth and know that central heating aggravates it no end. My baby (6.5mths) has recently developed eczema, she has it all over her body although it is fairly mild it can flare up. It's getting quite chilly now but I don't want to put the heating on (we have quite a warm house anyway) and make her eczema worse.
If your child has eczema do you find putting layers of clothing on better than turning on the heating?

BatFlattery Wed 19-Oct-11 22:23:28

DS has had eczema since around 6 weeks old, and it is usually under control with various creams. Over the last couple of weeks it has flared up, but whether this is because of central heating (we have had ours on a few mornings to take the chill off), or because he has had a bit of a cold, teething and a tummy bug I don't know. Sorry that's not much help!

DH also suffers with it quite severely, and his has been a bit worse the last few weeks, but, again, whether this is down the CH or not is impossible to tell.

ineedstrongcoffee Wed 19-Oct-11 23:56:10

my son has a flare up as soon as we switch the heating on for winter.Layers are much better in my opinion.
However we do have to use the heating sometimes so i make sure he is creamed up more often than i usually do.We only use cotton for next to skin and avoid fleece materials at all costs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now