Talk

Advanced search

Do Toddler tantrums make you feel like you don't want to go out?

(2 Posts)
BlackCatinaWitchesHatonaBroom Wed 19-Oct-11 12:57:43

I need to go and get a couple of food items today. BUT last time we went to supermarket (at weekend) dd had the most horrendous temper tantrum. I know this is not her fault it is just the age she is at! But I find it really hard to deal with all the stares that you get from other people. (I'm convinced they are thinking what an awful child/parent). I know I need to be strong and try to ignore them but it just makes me feel sad when I feel we are being judged!

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 19-Oct-11 17:47:56

I never let tantrums stand between me and my groceries smile However, neither do I accept that it's an inevitable part of being a toddler. In fact, I would do that 'nose to nose hiss' thing inherited from my mother. It's when you get them out of the car in the supermarket car-park, bend down so that you're face to face with them, and then say in the most menacing stage hiss you can muster if you so much as think about showing me up in there, I will come down on you like a ton of bricks... Scare the bejeezers out of the little poppet.

Ignore stares. You don't know what people are thinking so leave telepathy to the stage magicians.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now