Talk

Advanced search

Jo Jingles Party?? Any experiences? Suitable for first birthday?

(8 Posts)
Natzer Tue 18-Oct-11 19:03:51

Myself and some friends are considering having a joint 1st birthday party for about 8 babies.

Has anyone had a Jo Jingles party?

Or does anyone else have any other suggestions please. n

DeliriousTante Tue 18-Oct-11 19:14:45

My tips are:

Get together with friends
Eat cake
Maybe give cake to babies

Save whatever money you would spend on any form of entertainment on a new pair of shoes to reward yourself for surviving a year. If you must have music put an iPod on. smile

Natzer Tue 18-Oct-11 19:26:31

I know, it can be done without spending money, but that wasn't really the point.

We are a group of 8 mums who all met at the NCT classes. We meet up every week for lunch etc. But we wanted to have a joint first birthday for all 8 babies next April time. The cost would be shared 8 ways so it wouldn't work out too much.

WhatWouldLeoDo Tue 18-Oct-11 19:30:32

We did this for my NCT group 1st birthday bash. Had it at one of the other mum's home. The DC all loved it. My DS went to Jo Jingles but most of the others didn't. We split the cost too so it was pretty cheap.

lels99 Tue 18-Oct-11 19:34:52

Have you ever been to a jo jingles class? we did and absolutely hated it, my advice would be to try a class first!

Natzer Tue 18-Oct-11 19:44:05

lels can I ask what you hated about it?

PoptartPoptart Tue 18-Oct-11 21:28:20

I agree with DeliriousTante, don't bother with hired entertainment - your babies are only 1 and will not have a clue what all the fuss is about anyway! Put on a kiddy CD, nursery rhymes etc, and dance around the room yourselves. It will be just the same experience for your babies!
I know a lot of people (and tbh I was the same) that insist on going all out for a first birthday party. The most hilarious thing was watching a group of parents sat in a circle on the floor with their babies on their laps attempting to play pass the parcel. The adults were playing, the babies weren't interested in the slightest, apart from screaming when the parcel was taken away from them and passed on! I know the prospect of their first birthday party is exciting and a novelty, but you will have plenty of opportunities in years to come to spend time and (a lot of) money organising parties. My advice is to just relax and eat cake!
Have a lovely time whatever you decide to do.

An0therName Wed 19-Oct-11 12:49:37

my DS1 goes to jo jingles and loves it - a friend did a music party - not jo jingles - for a first birthday party - I thought it was a bit much really - as some babies enjoyed it and some didn't - cake and music is enough - although I do understand you want to mark in some way
for first bday parties I have just done family - and really they don't understand parties until they are 3..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now