Talk

Advanced search

Dd,6, finding it hard to share on playdates

(5 Posts)
Sleepglorioussleep Mon 17-Oct-11 19:24:52

Permanently worried about dd1. This time it's sharing. She's 6 and I thought we were through all this but she had a friend over today and refused to share most things. Had to move everyone downstairs to neutral territory and instigate an activity but it involved friend being in tears - I nearly joined her. Is dd the only one? I try not to overanalyse but wonder if dd2's arrival three months ago and this flood of difficult awkward behaviour are linked. Also have ds nearly three.

dearheart Mon 17-Oct-11 22:34:13

I would do yourself a favour and forget the playdates for a while. Three kids, one a small baby - you have enough to do already! Just keep it as simple as poss, and have lots of cuddles.

Sleepglorioussleep Mon 17-Oct-11 22:51:45

You're right. Sometimes when she's desperate for playdates I need to remember that what a six year old wants and what she and the rest of family needs aren't always the same. Thanks!

Catsdontcare Mon 17-Oct-11 23:01:42

Playdates suck at the best of times so I would give it a wide birth for a while. If you do decide to do them then I find an hour and a half is MORE than long enough.

Sleepglorioussleep Mon 17-Oct-11 23:10:20

I wonder if they reflect how they play at school? Based on today's performance I think not as she would have absolutely no one wanting to play with her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now