Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got a grumpy baby?

(11 Posts)
bishboschone Mon 17-Oct-11 16:43:16

My ds was 7 weeks prem due to me having pre eclampsia. He was very poorly but ok now . On meds for reflux but no sick now ever . He is still very sleepy ( up to 5 hours a dy ) but sleeps well ish at night. He cries alot. We thought it may be hunger, wind , ref,ux but have winded more, tried hungrier milk and is on meds for reflux so who knows ? Can anyone assure me I just have a grumpy boy ..my friends baby is so content. By the way, I am chilled ..not a sress head and a ( mat leave anyway ) so with him all the time .. Any ideas?

NoTeaForMe Mon 17-Oct-11 17:13:25

Hi,

How old is he?

bishboschone Mon 17-Oct-11 17:29:26

Oh yeah.. He is about18 weeks but obviously he was early.

bishboschone Mon 17-Oct-11 17:30:17

I asked the health visitor about teething and they were very vague..I tried anbesol on his gums but it didn't make any difference.. Heis always chewing his hands but health visitor said that's developmental .

Rogers1 Mon 17-Oct-11 18:06:29

Hello....so sorry to hear your DS is having a hard time of it. If he is teething...have you tried Ashton & Parsons teething granules? Excellent! My DS suffered so badly teething & constipation one minute & bad tummy the next. They really helped.
If you are still not sure (as your instincts know best), go & see your GP.

bishboschone Mon 17-Oct-11 18:17:28

Thanks for your reply .. I just want him to be happy .. He definitely doesn't like being put down but once he gets upset I can't calm him down easily . He loves his swinging chair and buggy so he likes movement.

InmaculadaConcepcion Mon 17-Oct-11 18:32:49

Congrats bish!

Try this - it really does work!!

bishboschone Mon 17-Oct-11 19:01:40

Thanks immac

Shaz2011 Tue 18-Oct-11 07:01:06

Could he be teething my ds has been teething since 16 weeks try him with some teething rings they normally work or u could just have a baby that wants your full blown attention mind ds was like that I think we are getting pass it now I hope this helps

missrose Tue 18-Oct-11 09:06:43

I hope he, and you, are feeling a bit better Bish. Teething is so awful for them.

I felt the same as you for the first few months - I had the grumpiest baby ever - cried all the time, didn't want to be put down, just generally grumpy and nothing I could do could make her feel better.

Now, at 11 months, she is the happiest, smiliest little thing. It started to get better when she learnt how to smile and when she could interact a bit more with me. I was really very worried that I would have an unhappy baby but I think as long as you keep smiling to him and being positive and happy around him when he is able to express more than just discomfort it will really show.

bishboschone Tue 18-Oct-11 12:50:07

Thank you so much..that's all I wanted to hear really that I wasn't the only one with a grumpy baby. We saw the paediatrician today who said we could try neonate in case he has a milk allergy ? Not sure how I feel about it but I guess it's worth a try. He does smile and has moments where he looks gorgeous and happy but as quick as a flash it's gone again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now