Talk

Advanced search

Are there any activities a toddler and baby can do together?

(7 Posts)
plantsitter Fri 14-Oct-11 22:03:45

I have a 2.5 yr old and a 10 month old and I'm stuck for things to do together when we're at home. DD1 likes playing games etc but DD2 likes eating the pieces and generally causing mayhem. DD2 likes cruising around and playing games on my knee but DD1 gets quite jealous and wants to be on my knee instead. Not sure what to do with DD2 if I bake or cook with DD1 (although she has been successfully transfixed by the washing machine before).

Any ideas? What do you do with a baby and toddler? Anything we can all do at the same time?

TIA

cjbartlett Fri 14-Oct-11 22:05:42

You could put her in the high chair with whatever she likes to munch on while you bake

missmapp Fri 14-Oct-11 22:07:23

music games , both banging a drum, playing different instruments, and mine both liked racing cars across the kitchen floor at that age ( there is a 2.5 yr gap between mine)

plantsitter Fri 14-Oct-11 22:15:48

Good ideas thanks - especially hadn't thought of racing cars together but I bet they would both enjoy.

MrsDandBaby Sat 15-Oct-11 09:34:50

mine also like nursery rhymes they can do together like row,row, roud and round the garden and heads, shoulders (bigger one points to younger ones head, shoulders etc) My ds is only 5 months so not quite robust enough yet, but we might venture into pop goes the weasel and humpty dumpty with ds on dd's knee when he can sit properly

MrsDobalina Sat 15-Oct-11 13:51:46

Have almost exactly the same age DCs as you! Duplo and cars seems to be the best - anything with lots of bits is a winner as less chance of fighting. DS and I sometimes build towers and train sets and pretend DD is a giant who has come to destroy them (shes pretty good at that grin). I set up a little pretend kitchen with all the kitchen utensils, pans and tins yesterday which worked ok - DS enjoyed playing cooking while DD bashed the pans. DS also loves hide and seek and chasing games with DD crawling after him. Reading books goes down ok too.

plantsitter Fri 21-Oct-11 18:34:32

Thanks for ideas! The cars in the kitchen thing has gone down a storm. As has building a tent with a blanket etc for them both to play in - DD2 thinks it's hil ar ious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now