Talk

Advanced search

my DS prefers my DP to me

(8 Posts)
cupcakelover1983 Fri 14-Oct-11 20:23:41

my DS prefers my DP to me. DP has been on holiday and I have felt it more keenly this week. I don't know what to do. DS goes to DP for comfort and for playtime. I don't seem to fit into any special part of DS life anymore. we seem to not have any sort of special bond at the moment and it is getting me down. I don't know what to do. DS is 13 months old. Tia

Tyr Fri 14-Oct-11 20:26:05

It will go through phases. Don't let it get you down.

Iggly Fri 14-Oct-11 20:27:35

Honestly? This happens - it comes and goes in phases and will switch to you at times.

It's hard but you must not take it personally because you can risk projecting the idea onto your DS that he doesn't like you and treat him differently.

You are his mum. Of course there's a special bond there.

diggingintheribs Fri 14-Oct-11 20:28:25

it's a phase and will switch over and over

at the moment DS is a mummy's boy but last year he went through a real daddy phase

MmeLindor. Fri 14-Oct-11 20:30:10

Have to agree with everyone else.

He does not prefer your DP. He loves you both the same, but at the moment he likes going to your DP, probably the novelty of having his daddy home.

Don't worry.

cupcakelover1983 Fri 14-Oct-11 20:33:04

thanks for your quick replies! I know I'm being silly but I'm also very insecure! thanks for the support.

BluddyMoFo Fri 14-Oct-11 20:34:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MmeLindor. Fri 14-Oct-11 20:38:53

Ah, you are not being silly.

But you should be happy that your DS has such a close relationship with your DH. It is great for children to have this with both parents, not just a totally involved mum and a hand-off dad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now