Talk

Advanced search

Toddler bath toys-clean them or bin them?

(6 Posts)
Justonecheese Fri 14-Oct-11 20:14:41

DD has some squirty bath toys that have manky black bits collecting in them-is there any way to clean/disinfect them effectively or do they need to go?

Nevercan Fri 14-Oct-11 20:20:02

I just put some Milton in water and suck it in and squirt it out of each toy until the black disappears. I also try to remember to empty all the water out of each toy after each bath but don't always remember smile

InmaculadaConcepcion Fri 14-Oct-11 21:29:16

I binned them and now stick to boats (easy to clean), stacking cups (ditto), floating balls and empty shampoo etc. bottles (which are recyled after a short while). Figured I'm too lazy life's too short to faff around trying to get the the gunk out of bath toys!

Justonecheese Sat 15-Oct-11 08:42:31

Thanks ladies...think they are going to be binned... smile

HauntyMython Sat 15-Oct-11 08:52:47

I've binned ones like that and in the future won't be getting that kind of toy. Also had problems with those foam letters/shapes you get in ELC, no matter how much I aired them out they just got manky sad

They actually have virtually no bath toys ATM <mean mummy>, they are 4 and 2. I am thinking of getting them some for Xmas or in the sales but I will be choosing VERY carefully this time as I am paranoid.

Octaviapink Sat 15-Oct-11 12:44:56

Oh dear - I just let them play with them despite black bits. DD is fond of making the dinosaurs suck up water and then 'be sick' - black bits and all. Milton's a good idea though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now