Talk

Advanced search

Dark circles

(2 Posts)
Tiredprobably Fri 14-Oct-11 19:13:08

My 8 month old ds has such dark circles round his eyes, I mentioned them to the doctor a week ago when he had conjunctivitis and she thought they were cold related, he's had this cold or a cold for more than three weeks now the sticky eyes are betterish but he looks so pale with big dark rings. He's actually quite happy and even learnt to crawl but it's just made me worried as I just looked at him after bath and he looks exhausted, he is now asleep! Any advice, calming much appreciated!

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 14-Oct-11 23:02:01

I think the best advice is to listen to your doctor as a first stop. If you're still worried about anything, if it's going on longer than you think it should, go back to the doctor and ask for them to take another look.

Dark circles can be caused by fatigue and they can also indicate low iron stores. If his immune system has been battling a cold and an eye infection it could be that he's just a little run-down and that a varied, nutritious diet (with particular emphasis on a good iron and vitamin c content), rest, fluids and time will fix the problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now