Talk

Advanced search

Rolling in cot?

(6 Posts)
minibmw2010 Fri 14-Oct-11 05:17:00

Is there any way to stop it? Or is it (as I found last night/this morning) literally a case of getting up and turning each time?

DS (20 weeks) has learnt (in the last couple of days) to roll from back to front but has no idea how to get back. Obviously it means we spend a lot of time on the floor at the moment. He's also teething so his sleep which is usually great is a bit disrupted. I literally spent hours up and down all night turning him back over when he'd get distressed again and again ...

How long did it take your LOs to figure out how to do the opposite roll and once they did, did that then mean they were ok in their cot ??

Pfriend Fri 14-Oct-11 06:27:05

It was a few weeks for us. Bear with it!

cbawden Fri 14-Oct-11 08:02:35

When my DD started rolling, I would have to go and turn her over at least 5 or 10 times a night. This went on for about a month before she eventually stopped turning (although since crawling it's started over again!). Lots of people said it would stop after 2 or 3 nights but not my DD. Hope your LO figures it out a bit quicker than mine did as I know it's knackeringgrin

thefurryone Fri 14-Oct-11 09:22:46

I thought if they could do this then it was ok just to leave them on their front? DS slept on his side for a few days when he was first born and the midwife said just to leave him when he did this.

You may already be using them but DS (24 weeks) seems to think that his sleeping bag is a magic device that prevents him from rolling. He's all over the place normally but for some reason won't move when in the bag.

minibmw2010 Fri 14-Oct-11 12:09:01

I would happily leave him on his front if he didn't become distressed but he does so I can't really. He's strong enough now to just bring the weight of his sleeping bag with him.

I brought him into our room when DH got up at 5.30, put pillows down the side of the bed and clamped an arm over him and thankfully we both got some more sleep.

I'm out tonight and DH normally does Friday night baby shift so he'll be turning him over tonight grin

lmnmum Fri 14-Oct-11 14:01:50

I didn't have this problem at night, but it took my DD about 2-3 weeks after she could roll one way (back-front) to be able to roll back again (front-back). Although, funnily, the very first time she rolled she did actually do it both ways. Just then forgot how to do it the second way for another 2-3 weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now