Talk

Advanced search

Clingy 2 year old

(4 Posts)
Ohanythingwilldo Wed 12-Oct-11 18:15:42

My DS is 2 years 3 months and recently become very clingy. If we are with other people, he always has to be with me. He wants picking up all the time and screams the place down if I go out of the room or ignore him.

He is starting pre-school and therefore it is becoming a problem. He is familiar with the setting and some of the children and staff but is still screaming until he tires himself so much he falls asleep.

His sister started school recently, other than that no major changes to his routines.

Any advice? He is driving me potty.

ConstantCraving Wed 12-Oct-11 20:41:02

No advice - just sympathy, DD nearly 2 is exactly the same! Clingy, screamy, HATES strangers - most anti-social toddler i know grin. Can't even get NEAR a nursery and no apparent reason for it. Keep saying 'this too will pass' (it WILL won't it??)

Ohanythingwilldo Thu 13-Oct-11 13:25:15

Please, anyone! He is driving me mad.

Someone must have an idea!

Please save my sanity.

Iggly Fri 14-Oct-11 21:34:08

Just go with it. It'll pass quicker then!

DS is 2 and we have this. The preschool could be the issue - DS has started too and apparently it's one of the hardest ages to settle into childcare. After a two hour settling in session, DS was very tired, upset and clingy. He didn't really eat when there or drink and even though seemed ok he was actually quite stressed. If it doesnt go well in the next week or so I might pull him out and leave it until he's three.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now