Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else have an 11 month old that is driving them to the point of maddness?!!!

(8 Posts)
inneedofphotoshop Wed 12-Oct-11 09:14:24

DD2's whines and moans constantly. It's like the soundtrack to my life.

It's compleltly affecting our family life and I feel myself being ratty and shouty even with dd1 (almost 4yo) who doesn't deserve it at all.

Not sure how much more I can cope with.

inneedofphotoshop Wed 12-Oct-11 09:21:24

I've just sent dd1 into nursery and we're all harassed after listening to since 6am this morning.

I feel so guilty and go knows what the nursery teacher thinks. I also forgot her book bag which didn't do down so well.

Fed up with it now. It's got to the point where it's impossible to block out and things like even just dressing her are so stressful.

4madboys Wed 12-Oct-11 09:27:50

my 10mth old is driving me mad with her whinging at the moment, its a phase, that shall pass.

is she trying to learn something new, crawling, walking etc? developmental leap is often accompanied by grumpy behaviour.

inneedofphotoshop Wed 12-Oct-11 09:41:30

I think she's about to walk unaided. She can walk around the edge of the sofa etc.

How much longer will this phase last though! I don't think any of us can take much more and I am an awful mother at the moment.

I keep saying to myself I will make it up to dd1 for being so short tempered but the few times I am back to my normal self is blighted by being back in hell again as soon as dd2 wakes from her nap. Poor dd1 has never seen me like this and must wonder what demon has possessed her mother.

I feel like I'm at breaking point.

inneedofphotoshop Wed 12-Oct-11 09:56:12

Should have posted AIBU -might have got some advice!

Rogers1 Wed 12-Oct-11 10:26:22

My DS went through this stage as well (now 15 months). I made sure he was occupied with activities, painting etc. It was a frustration thing as he was between crawling/walking.
Having the activities in place helped to distract him from his inability to be as mobile as he wanted.
I set a routine for activities & outside time so he had not only a daily routine but new the structure of the day.
I hope this helps a bit.

inneedofphotoshop Wed 12-Oct-11 11:13:44

Thanks Rodgers1 smile

We are busy and occupied - 2 nursery runs in the mornings along with toddlers once a week and visiting friends.

Afternoons is spent doing things with dd1, park, softplay etc.

But the whinging doens't stop no matter where we are, what are we are doing.

We have bedtime rountine and mealtimes are the same times everyday.

I know it's a phase but it's soul destroying atm. I dread every day when I wake up

Rogers1 Wed 12-Oct-11 11:17:52

I know it's hard..I felt/feel the same when my DS is whining all day. Do you have much support...family/friends?
Have you ruled out teething etc?
That was part if the problem with my DS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now