Talk

Advanced search

sling hire help pleeeease!!

(15 Posts)
GeneralDisarray Fri 07-Oct-11 23:12:04

I really want to try a close (/caboo) sling ( www.nctshop.co.uk/Close-Baby-Carrier/productinfo/4477/ ) as it looks just the job for dd - however she's so fussy and I can't afford to waste another 50 quid on something she'll hate...but can't find any local slingmeets with one or any for hire..anyone got one they'd rent out to me - I'm nice, honest! or anyone know any hire places I mightn't have seen after a quick google search?

AngelDog Sat 08-Oct-11 00:36:53

Here hire them out.

You can often get them cheaper on Ebay though.

John Lewis sell them so you might be able to try one on there.

Have you tried googling 'sling library' rather than looking for slingmeets?

AngelDog Sat 08-Oct-11 00:37:13

Of course, if you did buy one you could always sell it on again if your DD didn't like it...

NinkyNonker Sat 08-Oct-11 09:25:03

I tried a beco through Slumberoo, bought it in the end...they may have a close?

sparklytoes Sat 08-Oct-11 09:51:43

Where are you based? If by any small chance you are near me (Edinburgh), you are quite welcome to try ours out for a few hours. We use it every day - love it! Its very easy, and very handy

GeneralDisarray Sat 08-Oct-11 15:18:12

mumsnet win! thanks everyone, the first link should do the trick! boo lady with the fabulous toes I am in Yorkshire sad just can't decide between a manduca and a close, even though they're totally different! Will give the close a bash and see what happens...

missrose Sat 08-Oct-11 21:45:49

I hired a sling from here:
http://southlondonslings.com/

They may have info about where you could hire in the north.

NinkyNonker Sun 09-Oct-11 20:51:24

Whereabouts in Yorkshire? We may be abe to find you a library...

thisisyesterday Sun 09-Oct-11 20:53:16

dunno about hiring, but tk maxx had them for £34.99 the other day

ahhyesiseeyouvepooedonyourfoot Mon 10-Oct-11 14:02:58

am in Harrogate ninky only one I can see is the NCT one which they seem to be trying to get up and running with limited success sad too many middle class mums who have spent too much on their bugaboos to dream of using a sling grin but I am a research dud pleasey find one for me!

zgaze Mon 10-Oct-11 14:10:44

I've got one you can borrow to try out, was just about to put it on eBay. Pm me your address and Ill post it to you, as long as you promise to send it back once you've had a good try out of it!

imperialmint Mon 10-Oct-11 14:33:00

This lady is very nice (wyslinglibrary.com). I have borrowed several slings from her before buying. She is in Leeds if thats any good to you.

NinkyNonker Tue 11-Oct-11 20:33:08

I'll ask around for you!

ahhyesiseeyouvepooedonyourfoot Wed 12-Oct-11 14:58:11

Thank you Zgaze so kind! But cracked and bought one on ebay myself - the morning before you replied, damn it!! Will see how we get on with it..if it's fail I'll be back to beg for a different one!!

Notanexcitingname Thu 13-Oct-11 07:15:50

York have a sling library. You can find them on facebook.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now