Talk

Advanced search

Which footmuff for stroller?

(16 Posts)
Beaurevage Tue 04-Oct-11 20:56:05

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

We have a bugaboo bee and I can't bring myself to spend nearly £100 on the Bugaboo Universal Footmuff (!!!!)

Can anyone recommend a good one that will fit the pram and not cost pretty much the same as the pram itself?

TIA

MrsBloodyTroll Wed 05-Oct-11 23:51:51

Have a look on eBay for some of the custom foot muffs for sale.

MrsBloodyTroll Wed 05-Oct-11 23:53:00

P.S. On what planet does the Bee only cost £100? grin

ChippingIn Wed 05-Oct-11 23:54:04

MrsBloodyTroll - she said the footmuff was £100 not the buggy!

MrsBloodyTroll Thu 06-Oct-11 03:35:48

She said she wanted a footmuff that would not cost pretty much the same as the pram itself. The footmuff costs £100. So by the OP's logic that would make the cost of the pram....a bit more than £100.

Except the Bee costs £400-500 new.

MelodyPond Thu 06-Oct-11 04:05:27

You need a buggy snuggle!

Beaurevage Thu 06-Oct-11 17:41:27

Using exaggeration for effect there.

A friend just told me about the bugy snuggle today...unless of course MelodyPond you are that friend....?

twinklespeciallyforlittlegirls Fri 07-Oct-11 06:21:53

In the first lot of snow last year I bought a Wallaboo for about £60 and was glad I did when it was minus 10! Not cheap, but it kept my baby warm, looks nice, the zip off top is really handy and it washes well and dries fast over the radiator. I have to say that I think the changing bags look horrible so don't be put off if you don't like those.

I have an M&P Sola, they are not too dissimilar to Bees (would have liked a Bee, but do <3 my Sola) so would imagine they'd fit. It also fits on my Maclaren Triumph so think they're quite universal.

I'm excited now, I think it might be cold enough to dig it out again!

MrsBloodyTroll Fri 07-Oct-11 08:30:52

Ah, sorry! Was hoping you knew about a bargain Bee shop, as the front wheels on mine are currently shot (new ones on way, but still). grin

LabMonkey Fri 07-Oct-11 21:01:24

We got a brand new Graco one on ebay for <£10 including postage. It's warm enough but big enough that we can pop a blanket in during the colder months if we need to. I don't know much about different prams (we didn't look at any new ones) but this seems to me like it would fit most prams.

MrsJasonBourne Fri 07-Oct-11 21:35:16

Pupabags are quite nice. They're not overly thick but they're very warm fleece, they fit pretty much most pushchairs and they come in a lovely range of colours and patterns. I had some from Ebay. I wish they'd done waterproof ones then!

Beaurevage Sat 08-Oct-11 17:13:22

Thanks all. Have opted for the buggy snuggler...which I keep pronouncing budgy smuggle by accident...

MelodyPond Mon 10-Oct-11 10:24:50

Ha! No I don't think I am smile
Glad you went for one though, they're gorgeous, and I've just sold mine on ebay for £30 so you'll get some of your money back!

Beaurevage Mon 10-Oct-11 22:43:31

Used the snuggler for the first time today and he loved it! He's only 6.5 mo so 'love' might be a bit of an exaggeration, but he kept rubbing the cover on his face and sucking on the very wisely placed tag. Fell asleep with it in his mouth smile

MelodyPond Tue 11-Oct-11 20:06:57

Yay! grin

Pearisotto Sun 08-Nov-15 19:13:05

I know this is an old thread but it's still relevant. The BEST footmuff ever is the b212 by 7am Enfant. I've had mine for 2 years and Am now using it for my second child. Very warm, practical, washable and goes around the shoulders and head if needed, which non of the others do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now