Talk

Advanced search

'Babes in Arms' Cinema?

(8 Posts)
minibmw2010 Mon 03-Oct-11 20:23:56

I know there was a thread on this in the past but cannot search for it as am on iPhone and not laptop.

We are taking DS (19 weeks) swimming on Saturday morning and I suggested to H that as he'd be quite tired afterwards and usually sleeps quite heavily after swimming that we could go to the morning showing of Harry Potter with DS but DH isn't keen.

What are the thoughts here?

Thanks

meditrina Mon 03-Oct-11 20:28:06

Unless it's a "big scream" performance, then I really wouldn't - it's bound to be the sod's law day when he starts crying and that is only acceptable in babies only showings.

And also if the film is a 12, he might not be let in to a regular showing! But there is special exemptions to age restricted classifications for "big scream".

If you do go - they are very loud and I suggest you take wisps of cotton wool to put in his ears (DS, not DH).

Eglu Mon 03-Oct-11 20:31:47

I took DD to Cars 2 when she was 4 weeks old. I had her in the sling and she was fine. We went to a normal screening. I would check the rules on babes in arms for ratings though. There was a sign at our cinema but I can't recall what it said now.

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Mon 03-Oct-11 20:33:08

Ear defenders and plenty of milk and you'll be fine. I took my dd when she was tiny to a few afternoon films I wanted to see and it was good.

needanewname Mon 03-Oct-11 20:34:48

I would also recommend the baby screenings as that way you won't feel stressed if your baby cries that others are going to get pissed off with you. Also the sound isn't as loud and theres a bit of light.

minibmw2010 Mon 03-Oct-11 20:49:54

I have ordered a pair of the baby ear muffs as I have lots of friends with small babies who would also use them. The website says that babies are allowed into any morning performances of a U, PG or 12a (which Harry P is). I am nervous it could go wrong but if it didn't it could open a whole new morning out for us ... I have also said to DH that if DS really didn't like it we could just leave.

Fingers crossed ....

matana Fri 07-Oct-11 09:06:18

Try it, but be prepared to leave is all i'd say. And whatever you do, don't do what my friend did when her DD started screaming during the film - she asked for her money back hmm

FutureNannyOgg Fri 07-Oct-11 12:05:35

Check with your cinema, most are fine with babes in daytime shows. You can always leave if he kicks off, but cinema sound is very loud so all but a proper screech would go unnoticed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now