Talk

Advanced search

Present for a 4 year old

(7 Posts)
Allegrogirl Mon 03-Oct-11 20:05:24

It's my DD1's 4th birthday and I don't know what to get her.

Her favourite things are:

bike
scooter
garage and cars
cheapo plastic dinosaurs
dressing up stuff
ELC Happyland
drawing and painting stuff

She doesn't play with:
Dolls house I bought for xmas as she plays with them at every group and nursery
The much longed for Rapunzel doll
Any king of lego or building bricks

She has asked for a variety of pink plastic tat advertised on Milkshake which I would buy if I thought she would actually play with it.

I don't want to spend more than £40 when there is nothing specific she wants. Was thinking of an easel and was planning on getting the ELC one on offer at £35. Left it too late and now it's £50. We only have Toys r us. ELC and an independent so that limits things.

Any ideas for a creative, fairy princess tomboy much appreciated.

wigglesrock Mon 03-Oct-11 22:39:57

My dd2 is 4 at the end of the month - she is getting more Happyland stuff, I could open my very own Happyland shop. Does your daughter have the Happyland box that unzips into the playmat, this is a firm favourite in our house grin Peppa Pig is a big thing in our house still - Tescos have an offer on the shop/house fronts at the minute - down to £20. You'll get a cheaper easel in Toys R US if you still fancy it.

NoTeaForMe Tue 04-Oct-11 07:21:52

Sylvannian families? It's a much more grown up Happyland so she should like it!

Blackpuddingbertha Wed 05-Oct-11 21:50:12

I've bought something similar to this for my, soon to be 4, DD. The one I found was on a much smaller scale (& cheaper) but similar idea - cardboard castle to decorate with pink sequins and glitter glue tastefully and invent princess & knight stories around.

Harecare Wed 05-Oct-11 21:56:16

Don't bother with the easel, I thought it was a great idea, but just takes up room, a table does the same job. We gave DD lego which she rarely plays with. Ignore milk shake adverts - I bet she wants Lelli Kelli shoes too? I have no ideas, but will watch for ideas for Christmas.

bubblebubblebubblepop Wed 05-Oct-11 22:02:13

Not a main present, but have you seen the Klutz books? I got DD the one called Sparkly Handbags and she LOVED it. You get about 4 cardboard handbags, then lots of sequins, glue, stickers to decorate the bag. Then it has press-out cardboard things to put inside, like mobile phone, money, keys, purse, etc.

BornToFolk Wed 05-Oct-11 22:02:37

DS is 4 soon and he's getting a Kiddizoom camera and a ukelele! He's been asking for "a real guitar" for ages so I'm hoping the ukelele will do the trick.

From grandparents, he's getting a wheely suitcase, Lego and Playmobil and Pop Up Pirates.

Or how about a whole load of crafty stuff? I did a box for my niece's 4 birthday and filled it with coloured paper, pom poms, glitter etc etc. It was a huge hit and relatively cheap to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now