Talk

Advanced search

If you have a garden shed/playhouse what is in it?

(6 Posts)
addictedtofrazzles Mon 03-Oct-11 17:21:42

dc3 expected in the new year and I am increasingly less mobile and keen to get to the park with ds1 and 2. We have a good sized garden with a wooden house but currently not much it it!

I would love your suggestions please for useful things to put in it - I.e a kitchen (they both love!). or anything else for the garden (dh won't let them have a trampoline...meany...as he says it will ruin his grass!).

Many thanks

BusterTheDonk Mon 03-Oct-11 18:51:53

I'd put DH in the wooden house... wink

ruin the grass indeed... hmm

all you have to do is move the trampoline every week... we have one and they absolutely love it - well worth the money and who cares if the grass is not quite as good as the neighbours grass!!

We also have a playhouse in the garden and yes, that does mark the grass too - who cares!!! We don't have anything 'as such' in it - but it does have a couple of fold down stools, they are 2 & 3 and love to open/shut the windows and pretend its a tractor & feed the donkeys... they love to take teddies down and play house..

have you a water/sand table? Playing splash is a good time filler oh and some happy hopperz to scoot around on.

BlueChampagne Tue 04-Oct-11 13:18:10

How old are they? Ours has a little table & 2 chairs, a teaset, paper and crayons, kiddy trowels, forks and wheelbarrow. DS2 (22 months) mostly likes to play with the door ...

startail Tue 04-Oct-11 13:25:06

Trampolines, don't ruin the grass. Ours is huge and the grass frowns under it perfectly well. Even my friends officially OCD DH manages the trampoline. Swings , climingframes and watersides on his beautiful lawn (and it is beautiful he's a professional gardner by trade) are another matter. He has a very patient, very determined wife and 3 wilful DCsgrin

startail Tue 04-Oct-11 13:25:24

Grass growsblush

sunnydelight Wed 05-Oct-11 06:27:11

DD had her play kitchen and a little table and chairs in her playhouse. We always had a sandpit when our kids were younger - hours of endless fun. You can move a trampoline around the garden as long as it's not too massive to stop it damaging the grass. Have you got a tree to attach a swing to? With that lot you need never go to the park again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now