Talk

Advanced search

What toys/products do your 18 month olds love?

(9 Posts)
sunnysunnyshine Mon 03-Oct-11 14:00:11

I'm going to an NCT sale soon and am looking for ideas of what to buy... what toys did/do your 18 month olds love(d)? And what equipment etc could you not live without?
Thanks!

An0therName Mon 03-Oct-11 14:14:31

have to say didn't find loads for my 18 mo at the one I went to recently
but things he likes - small ride on
kitchen, tea set, small buggy for pushing, stiklebricks , shape sorter, train sets, the wooden slot in jigsaws

equipement - lightweight buggy, 18 - 3 y sleeping bags - can't think of anything else

katewillson Mon 03-Oct-11 16:37:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

InmaculadaConcepcion Mon 03-Oct-11 18:52:28

The stacking cups DD had for Christmas are still going strong - they get played with in the bath, the sand, her bedroom...

Anything ball-shaped!

Simple jigsaws.

Buggies/trolley with bricks/ things on wheels.

dearheart Mon 03-Oct-11 19:40:00

Yes, wheels! A pull-along toy, a buggy (top top toy), a wheelybug or tricycle.

Stacking cups are still being played with (dds are 5 and 7) so I think that qualifies. Shape sorters are great. The baby Playmobil stuff is great - we had a house which dds loved.

BeeBread Mon 03-Oct-11 19:46:38

Small pushchair

DS played endlessly with some stacking boxes you could put little toy animals in.

At 22 months he now loves a magnetic fishing game.

Lift the flap books (which had been going strong for a while but he suddenly loved).

Tomy colourdoodle.

Cies Mon 03-Oct-11 19:50:48

Stories of all shapes and sizes.

Toy pushchair and doll.

My pots and pans (but I'd love to have got him a kitchen set).

Musical things - drums, tambourine, keyboard, castanets

AppleAndBlackberry Mon 03-Oct-11 19:59:20

Kitchen stuff (especially cutlery), Happyland, Doll and buggy, books, puzzles, duplo or mega blocks, model zoo animals

muslimah28 Wed 05-Oct-11 20:35:50

Loads nd loads and loads of books!

Sand pit

Anything electronic with buttons

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now