Talk

Advanced search

Taking a baby to opticians (my appt not hers!)

(10 Posts)
lucymr Mon 03-Oct-11 13:35:21

I know this is a bit of a strange question, but I can't get anyone to babysit my 9 month old so that I can go to the optician and I need an urgent appointment - has anyone taken a baby with them, and if so, how did it go? Thanks x

An0therName Mon 03-Oct-11 13:42:48

I would thought it would be fine - have taken DCs to both - although me and DH normally have appointments together to help with with childcare - suggest keeping them in their buggy as lots of equipment if they are mobile - normally the appointments are not that long

headfairy Mon 03-Oct-11 13:43:42

I often take both of mine with me... they're 4 and nearly 2 so much more destructive than a 9 month old grin No one's ever batted an eye lid

lucymr Mon 03-Oct-11 13:54:08

Thanks for the replies - will take her with me and see how it goes - fingers crossed! x

BlueChampagne Mon 03-Oct-11 16:00:26

I took my 21 mo the other week. To start with he slept in the buggy and when he woke up he sat on my lap. Luckily he was still a bit dozy and didn't wriggle too much.

lucymr Mon 03-Oct-11 16:48:46

Thanks - I was imagining that she would sit on my knee - just hope she doesn't try and grab all the equipment! ;-)

AngelDog Mon 03-Oct-11 20:50:05

Yes, it was a bit of a nightmare as he was a roaming 19 m.o. who wanted to pay with everything. I'd go for it though.

AngelDog Mon 03-Oct-11 20:50:18

play with everything.

Woodlands Tue 04-Oct-11 18:29:14

I took my DS when he was about that age and it was fine - the appointment didn;t take long and he sat in his pushchair. I took snacks which I handed to him at regular intervals!

lucymr Wed 05-Oct-11 06:41:35

Thanks everyone! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now