Talk

Advanced search

Breast feeding problem - my little one doesn't like my right boob!

(5 Posts)
joshop Fri 30-Sep-11 10:53:02

It's early days I know (DS2 is only a week old) but I've noticed over the last couple of days that he doesn't like sucking from my right breast. It seems to be what comes out of it rather than the nipple itself.

Anyone had experience of this and have any advice?

joshop Fri 30-Sep-11 12:21:15

I think I can answer my own question - I've just done a bit of hand expressing and managed to get my little one to have a feed on that side. One less problem to worry about I hope!

stargirl30 Fri 30-Sep-11 12:28:03

You are probably right but worth checking he can fully move head both ways. My DS (DC2) seemed to prefer my right side which I thought was odd as DD preferred my left. Turns out he has tortocollis (sp?) which led to flat head and he is now having physio for it. Not a big problem long term but in the haze of the newborn days I didn't notice he preferred having his head to one side.

I had to feed dd in different positions for each boob. For the left I held her across my body ('normal' feeding position) and for my right I had to hold her like a rugby ball so she was tucked under my arm and her legs went round my side iyswim.

cmt1375 Fri 30-Sep-11 12:30:48

Also worth asking your partner or someone else to watch you feed on both sides (or sit in front of a mirror) and see if there is a differnce. I had problems on one side and my husband pointed out to me that I was positioning my son differently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now