Talk

Advanced search

twins one in accident other saw and is freaked out....

(3 Posts)
mwoo Wed 28-Sep-11 16:02:27

Hi there, my sister has twin girls aged 3, a few weeks ago they were all involved in a freak accident when a car came through a barrier in a car park, they all got knocked over and one of the twins ended up underneath the car, she was treated and rushed to hosptial, understandably my sister freaked out, and the other twin saw all this.

Thankfully all was well after an overnight stay in hospital.

The twin involved in the accident is fine and showing no knock on effects although early days. The other twin however is really struggling, she won't get in the car, cries and needs to be carried in a car park, covers her ears when she hears a car cry etc and is constantly talking about naughty cars.

My sister has made a gp appointment for later in the week, but has anybody experienced anything similiar or got any advice...

twotesttickles Wed 28-Sep-11 16:09:40

Oh dear sad

There is some good advice here www.state.nj.us/njoem/pdf/chlcope.pdf from the Red Cross. It's designed to cover all sorts of trauma but the advice still stands. smile

suiledonn1 Wed 28-Sep-11 16:10:30

Not a similar cause at all but I have a dd who had a lot of anxiety issues (stemming from several ambulance rides to hospital with oxygen etc due to asthma) as a toddler and pre-schooler. She has benefited hugely from Play Therapy.

I would definitely recommend your sister looking in to this as is it play focused and non-stressful.

Hope the twins feel better soon and your sister is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now