Talk

Advanced search

Need some encouragement from you wise mners

(4 Posts)
lowra Tue 27-Sep-11 12:42:04

My DD is 6 months old today, she is such a delight and I'm constantly amazed by my capacity to love her more each day. But I'm having a major wobble. She still wakes every 3 hours at night, we have just started weaning which is not going well; she just doesn't seem interested, plus I'm hoping to stop breastfeeding or atleast introduce some mixed feeding but she is refusing a bottle and a beaker.

I'm trying to tackle these issues but you get so much advice that it's difficult to know what to do for the best. I've just revisited my Gina Ford book and now feel a complete failure with my demand fed baby who won't sleep and has a very loose routine.

Anyone else just feel a bit overwhelmed? Please tell me it all just falls into place eventually.

An0therName Tue 27-Sep-11 12:47:54

just remember how your baby sleeps and feeds is not a reflection of how good a parent you are - GF always made me feel bad too
6 months often don't sleep well at all - often a sleep regression
weaning - some babies are not interested until a bit later - have you tried finger food/baby led weaning - some babies prefer it - and food is fun until they are one is a good thing to remember as well
there are loads and loads of thread on the breastfeeding/bottle feeding about introducing or not a bottle -have a look at them
routine - mine were a bit better on a sleep routine - eg fairly regular naps and bedtime routine - and especially when they were a bit older

lowra Tue 27-Sep-11 13:20:22

Thanks An0therName, and for your advice on the other thread. I'm going to look into finger food / BLW.

Yes, I find GF does bring out the mother's guilt that's never far from the surface.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 27-Sep-11 13:33:18

Our 'magic concotion' was warm mashed banana with baby rice which DS used to have as a final snack after his bath and before his bedtime milk. If he ate that he was out like a light.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now