Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Boots and Shoes - second hand or cheap shoes?!

(6 Posts)
usingapseudonym Mon 26-Sep-11 18:33:40

I've just been to Clarks and there were some lovely boots for my daughter but for £45!! We're really struggling money wise at the moment an awful lot and don't have that kind of money at all. (About to go to an NCT sale for clothes etc. Arg I hate being this broke!)

Anyway - the big question is what should I do? Should I buy cheaper boots from somewhere like Brantano shop or should I get used boots in Clarks size off of ebay as at least that will be the correct width/size fitting?

Help?

An0therName Mon 26-Sep-11 19:22:19

Brantano do Clarkes don't they
although for boots or wellies etc I always do 2nd hand

BornToFolk Mon 26-Sep-11 19:24:33

http://www.shoesforkids.co.uk/

They have some Clarks boots on there for £31. Still not exactly cheap of course, but better than £45 and they do have some bigger bargains if you search around.

Dappylittlemomma Mon 26-Sep-11 20:37:34

I've found eBay great for Clarks boots- they are crazy prices new and as well made last through more than one wee owner very well.

lesstalkmoreaction Mon 26-Sep-11 23:41:12

I always buy boots after half term when the price drops and then buy them a size bigger in the sales for next year, done me well up till now. Even made a profit by selling a pair on ebay when the size was wrong a year later.

sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 26-Sep-11 23:46:14

get fitted and measured in the shop then ebay. got one full price pair of start rite in re dfor DD then the same in purple from ebay for £3 looked unworn to me

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: