Talk

Advanced search

Boots and Shoes - second hand or cheap shoes?!

(6 Posts)
usingapseudonym Mon 26-Sep-11 18:33:40

I've just been to Clarks and there were some lovely boots for my daughter but for £45!! We're really struggling money wise at the moment an awful lot and don't have that kind of money at all. (About to go to an NCT sale for clothes etc. Arg I hate being this broke!)

Anyway - the big question is what should I do? Should I buy cheaper boots from somewhere like Brantano shop or should I get used boots in Clarks size off of ebay as at least that will be the correct width/size fitting?

Help?

An0therName Mon 26-Sep-11 19:22:19

Brantano do Clarkes don't they
although for boots or wellies etc I always do 2nd hand

BornToFolk Mon 26-Sep-11 19:24:33

http://www.shoesforkids.co.uk/

They have some Clarks boots on there for £31. Still not exactly cheap of course, but better than £45 and they do have some bigger bargains if you search around.

Dappylittlemomma Mon 26-Sep-11 20:37:34

I've found eBay great for Clarks boots- they are crazy prices new and as well made last through more than one wee owner very well.

lesstalkmoreaction Mon 26-Sep-11 23:41:12

I always buy boots after half term when the price drops and then buy them a size bigger in the sales for next year, done me well up till now. Even made a profit by selling a pair on ebay when the size was wrong a year later.

sleeplessinderbyshire Mon 26-Sep-11 23:46:14

get fitted and measured in the shop then ebay. got one full price pair of start rite in re dfor DD then the same in purple from ebay for £3 looked unworn to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now