Talk

Advanced search

To be sad it's my 6 year old's birthday

(6 Posts)
chickydoo Sat 24-Sep-11 22:57:06

Just want to tell someone, DH thinks I'm bonkers.
My youngest is 7 tomorrow, lots of lovely things planned.( I'm not having any more kids too old)
I can't stand the idea of him growing up, getting big and being a grumpy teenager like his siblings. He still has that soft little boy skin, and a muddy smell when he's been in the garden. He still needs me when he bumps his knee, and loves me to cuddle up with him on the sofa. I know how precious this next year or so will be, I have had little ones for years, my eldest is 16, then 14 and 12. Have always had a little one to look after, and it is slipping away now, and I feel so sad. Sorry to be so self indulgent, overtired....need to get to bed

messybessie Sat 24-Sep-11 23:00:46

this help?

grin

EightiesChick Sat 24-Sep-11 23:01:09

Ah, I know how you feel! Enjoy it while it lasts. He'll always be your baby.

saffycat Sat 24-Sep-11 23:06:32

My DD is 6 and is starting to become more independant - e.g. wanting to say goodbye in the playground not at the classroom door. Being needed for cuddles and reassureance is such a lovely thing. I am aware lately of a need make the most of these opportunities with DD, to store up memories to treasure as it won't always be like this. DS is 12 and I feel that he doesn't let me in like he used to. Hopefully there will be a light of mutually-respecting friendship when they all reach the otherside of grumpy teenager tunnel.

chickydoo Sat 24-Sep-11 23:09:32

Thank you all
smile

startail Sat 24-Sep-11 23:15:09

I was hanging up the uniform to dry today and felt sad because it will all be the same colour next year.
DD2s secondary transfer form is sitting waiting to be filled in, soon I'll have no more little girls. She's already far more the teenager than DD1 will ever be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now