Talk

Advanced search

Tips on brushing baby/toddler's teeth?

(4 Posts)
marzipananimal Fri 23-Sep-11 08:53:07

My nearly 13 month old will let me put the toothbrush in his mouth but then just bites it and won't let go so it's very hard to get any actual brushing done. Any tips?

mamalovebird Fri 23-Sep-11 09:01:59

Maybe just try giving him the toothbrush? I did this with mine and let him stick it in his mouth and bite on it and get used to it. You may have a few nights where the brushing doesn't actually happen but better than making an issue out of it. My DS enjoyed having it himself and got into the swing of the brushing himself with a little hand from me.

Also, try doing it together? I sat on the floor and we 'brushed' together and he copied me.

marzipananimal Fri 23-Sep-11 09:11:44

when we've let him have it before he's just chewed it to death but maybe now he's a bit older he might start to get the idea. Thanks smile

cupcakelover1983 Fri 23-Sep-11 22:29:28

I second the brushing together technique. my DS is a similar age to your dc and we were having the same problem. taking it in turns helps too. my DS also likes to try to brush my teeth too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now